Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMSLAYER

skulltag mod select?

Hey guys,

Still learning with Skulltag. Got a question. Have it saved to program files in my computer.

I have mod Brutal Doom and Mod Torture And Torement.

The only way I can play Torture Mod with Brutal is to dump them into the same files under skulltag skins. What I want to do is play Brutal doom only and be able to click Torure Mod icon and play it as Brutal Mod.

Problem is everything I have tried wont work.

-Tried copying skulltag folder and making two icons.
-Tried Having two skulltags (do not do that, fucked everything up)
-Tried moving Brutal mod into folder with just Torture Mod.

Any suggestions? Im sure it reads confusing. Hard to explain.

esselfortium said:

Just drag and drop the wad or pk3 files onto the Skulltag icon.

Yeah, thats what I am doing now. Just rather click on a icon. Must be another way. Or is that how skulltag works? Can only run one mod at a time?

First thing first, Skulltag is dead. If you want the multiplayer aspect, go there and update. It's the same thing by the same team, just with a different name because of Teh Drama(tm). For the single-player part, I'd recommend getting the latest version of GZDoom, as it is more up-to-date.

Anyway, on to the question.

DOOMSLAYER said:

Yeah, thats what I am doing now. Just rather click on a icon. Must be another way. Or is that how skulltag works? Can only run one mod at a time?

Skulltag (and its successor) is perfectly able to load several dozen mods at once, no problem. See this for a few methods you can adopt.

Gez said:

First thing first, Skulltag is dead. If you want the multiplayer aspect, go there and update. It's the same thing by the same team, just with a different name because of Teh Drama(tm). For the single-player part, I'd recommend getting the latest version of GZDoom, as it is more up-to-date.

Anyway, on to the question.

Skulltag (and its successor) is perfectly able to load several dozen mods at once, no problem. See this for a few methods you can adopt.

Thanks for the info! I will try messing with ZDOOM. Didnt think about that. As for online play, I dont. So I still use skulltag to play DOOM, DOOM II, FINAL DOOM.

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I have been unable to run Brutaldoom on Zandronum properly, and the wad I am currently making requires Brutaldoom, so I'll be sticking with Skulltag :P

What I did: I had some random wads/maps. Then I double clicked them and it asked wich program I would like to use. I search and select the ZDOOM. And now every wad I play, i just click the wad and it goes straight to play it with ZDOOM.

Arclite said:

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I have been unable to run Brutaldoom on Zandronum properly, and the wad I am currently making requires Brutaldoom, so I'll be sticking with Skulltag :P

Just load skulltag_actors.pk3 with it. Then it should work with Zandronum.

Simp0 said:

What I did: I had some random wads/maps. Then I double clicked them and it asked wich program I would like to use. I search and select the ZDOOM. And now every wad I play, i just click the wad and it goes straight to play it with ZDOOM.

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a try because everything else has failed.

DOOMSLAYER said:

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a try because everything else has failed.

What I have noticed though: If a person makes a WAD with Doom Builder and does not select the Zdoom for the primary game engine(when you start doing the map and it asks), you must try the WAD trough doom builder OR the game engine he selected.