Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Larzuk

Prboom+ command prompt question

I hope this is in the right place.

I am still fairly new to using prboom/glboom and have recently learned some of the commands when it comes to recording demos. I know the basics of -iwad, -file, -warp, -skill, -complevel, and the recorded file.

As for my question, is there a command that will load a certain save file? I want to be able to play each map with the weapons I have collected and be able to record the demo.

Thanks for the help.

Hmm, it appears it might not work to well if the player is not at the start. Since I will be saving right at the start then it may still work. I'll test this out for a bit.

Edit:

It seems it will be a no go unless I have done something wrong. I was testing with Requiem and made a save at the start of map 02. I get the following error "P_UnArchiveThinkers: Unknown tclass 103 in savegame."

Oh well, looks like I will have to go with a different way of recording.

When using "-loadgame" be sure to load the same files - IWAD + any PWAD(s) - as when you create the savegames.
So if you saved a game while running prboom-plus with "-iwad doom2.wad -file requiem.wad reqmus.wad" you need to use these same command-line parameters to be able to use "-loadgame" properly.

And here's a question for entryway: does the value of "demo_extendedformat" have any effect on demo playback? Your input would be nice in this thread.