Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MajorRawne

Links to peoples' MIDI files

Greetings! I'm looking for music for some of my maps. Has anyone got a link to music they've already written which they'd be happy to provide? Full credit, including a link to your music page, will be given. I'll use anything that evokes an emotional response of fear, excitement, loneliness or sadness, but I would prefer it if there's a good melody to it.

Thanks in advance.

It might be up to two years out of date, but there's a fairly comprehensive list of Doom musicians' works here. :)

Really a shame how inactive DMG is. I still stand by my suggestion that it become a subforum of DW, it'll attract far more attention just by being in a convenient location.

Nice one, thank you Jimmy91!

I would second Sodaholic's request. I would imagine lots of mappers would be able to use a resource so valuable.

I'm in the process of looking for midi music for my megawad, and has been scavenging some game music on the net.

Maybe I can find some good ones here...

(Jimmy has some good ones for sure, at least his tracks from Plutonia2 were amazing)

Sodaholic said:

Really a shame how inactive DMG is. I still stand by my suggestion that it become a subforum of DW, it'll attract far more attention just by being in a convenient location.

+1, I wasn't really aware of it (or what it was rather). If it was a subforum around here I'd certainly be postin'

I would also love this, since I feel that many map authors have no idea where to get good original stuff, or are reduced to taking midis from other wads. I think good midi artists are actually in far more demand than megawads these days, but that may just be me.

I actually agree with the idea of having DMG here, now. It'd only need to be one subforum, and I think we could probably do away with technicalities like the request thread format, just to keep thing simple. :) Could also serve as the new place for speedMIDIs. :P

Bucket: I forget how that discussion went. Link, please?

Bucket said:

Although DMG basically came into being BECAUSE the admins vetoed a music board.

Ah, that's bullshit. :( At the very least maybe a dedicated and pinned/stickied thread in WADs and Mods or Editing?

Are the admins willing to reconsider? It really would offer a lot to the Doom community, both in bringing out and having a place for musical talent in the Doom community, and also somewhere where map authors can get unique music for their projects, and possibly even create new maps inspired by the music.