Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vermil

Doomsday 1.9.9 released

Doomsday 1.9.9 has been released. Download it here, and check the release notes here. The notable changes this time around are:

• Built-in automatic updater: Doomsday will check for and download updates from SourceForge.
  • Faster map loading thanks to optimizations in the BSP builder.
  • Improved music support for OS X 10.6+ and Linux: SF2 soundfonts can be used with the original games' MIDI music.
  • OS X Gatekeeper compatibility.
  • Many bugs fixed.

I don't know if this is my preference settings (I tried them, Mac OS 10.6.7) but the music support seems to skip some of the MIDI channels. It's at 16 now, but I'll try maxing them to 32 to see if that helps. Controls also sometimes "hang" so I won't stop turning left...unsure what could be causing this. Nice to see there's continuing development on this, but i've reinstalled the previous version.

Which music tracks in particular? There may be an issue in the MUS => MIDI conversion (its a really old and crusty module...).

I'm not sure what the issue could be with the controls sticking, can you give any more details? Doomsday is actively developed on a Mac and I'm sure we would have noticed if this was a general problem.

Sorry I've been away a while! The most notable track missing is the one used for the "lead guitar" in Level 1 and 15's theme (D_runnin?) that comes in at about 30 seconds, after the intro.

EDIT: sorry for the zombiepost, won't let me delete :x