Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doomist

How to Easily Make 3D Bridges?

Okay, before I say anything, yes, I read the tutorial, and I do not get it, at all. It's confusing to me. Is there an easier explanation to make 3D bridges? (Linedef to be exact)

The easiest way for me to understand was poking around in an actual map that used 3D bridges (Iikka's MAP13 in Requiem). In a map editor you can select stuff (tagged linedefs & sectors) and better see what's going on than in a static picture.

The Doombuilder command for 3D floors is 160 with Arg. 1 being the sector tag, Arg. 2 being whether it is solid or not, and Arg. 4 being it's transparency. Even though DBuilder 1 does not include this as a command, typing in 160 in the Linedef action spot will still work.

Bridges, on the other hand, are made by using a Bridge "Thing" in ZDoom and raising it's ZHeight to the height of the bridge. To make the bridge visible, you'll usually want to use Stair patches in a crosshatch formation (easiest if you combine a bunch of 8x8 sectors).

I know it's confusing, but if you look at maps that have bridges and follow their example, you'll understand in no time!