Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zahid

YouTube ban in Pakistan, China, etc. [split from CChest demos]

1ntru said:

There are three versions of Cchest4, and that demo of mine plays back with the one dated from 09/09/2012.

I have tried to redo my demo on the newest version, but best I got so far was 12:01 :( I might try and beat my 11:51 demo sometime else, but for now I'll just play something else.

If you want, here is the video for my demo:

Hmmm...
or i think it would be better to post the link for that specific version....
Actually along many other sites,youtube got strictly banned in my country so no videos for me:-(

Mod edit: 1ntru's reply "Really? Banned on the whole country? Damn! What government would do that? D:" is still on the demos forum, as it has a demo attached.

Might as well just urge viewers to come on Doomworld and download the demos here. Nothing better than watching demos without any buffers!

1ntru even that is smooth and awesome too:-)
Why ban in china daiyu?....here in pakistan it got banned due to some
movie,innocence of muslims....so im missing all the great channels of you guys:-(.....

Zahid said:

1ntru even that is smooth and awesome too:-)
Why ban in china daiyu?....here in pakistan it got banned due to some
movie,innocence of muslims....so im missing all the great channels of you guys:-(.....

Because of the fucking communist rule, they state that youtube is one of the tool used for the overthrown of government, as well as doing anti-chinese activites. Oh well, WTF they scared of this? Just because they are bandits!!!

Well blob1024, why u paused near the end?
Anyway nice run of Map14 Nevan, I really like the music and design a lot, however so much secrets!!!

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

they state that youtube is one of the tool used for the overthrown of government, as well as doing anti-chinese activites

What? That's stupid as hell.

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Because of the fucking communist rule, they state that youtube is one of the tool used for the overthrown of government, as well as doing anti-chinese activites.

I guess I might be considered anti-america for doing rant videos then.

Sodaholic said:

What? That's stupid as hell.

That's plain old-fashioned censorship, if you can control what people see and hear you're part way towards controlling how they think.

The Arab Spring was pushed along by Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook; people using social network to communicate and organize. Before the Internet, you had to print and distribute tracts. Now it's a lot more efficient. The Chinese government don't want people to think a popular uprising could work.

I doubt the Arab Spring got a lot of media coverage in China. But hey, instead, they get to talk a lot about this ridiculous island ownership issue with Japan. It's a good distraction.

Gez said:

The Arab Spring was pushed along by Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook; people using social network to communicate and organize. Before the Internet, you had to print and distribute tracts. Now it's a lot more efficient. The Chinese government don't want people to think a popular uprising could work.

I doubt the Arab Spring got a lot of media coverage in China. But hey, instead, they get to talk a lot about this ridiculous island ownership issue with Japan. It's a good distraction.

People would have taken a very sinister view of the Arab Spring had it been Chinese or Russian based interenet technology behind it.

The whole thing seems fishy to me.

printz said:

"Spring" as in season or mechanical device strongly pressed and ready to catapult some shit?

i assume the term is derived from Prague Spring, although there may be even earlier preceding events with a similar name.

printz said:

People would have taken a very sinister view of the Arab Spring had it been Chinese or Russian based interenet technology behind it.

perhaps, however that's extremely unlikely and your remark is merely a political provocation disconnected to the real world. russia doesn't seem to be forcing localized clones of popular web services on its own population, so propagating them to arab countries is even less feasible. and while china definitely does so and censors them as needed, it's rather improbable foreign countries would pick up chinese youtube or twitter or whatever. english language is becomng the true esperanto, so the majority of text being written in chinese hurts that idea. plus the "advantage" of centralized censorship falls flat when you realize pakistan (or whatever other country striving for religious censorship) would have to beg the central office in atheistic china.

What's going on in this thread, guys? Not much here, just enjoying my right to free speech.

dew said:

perhaps, however that's extremely unlikely and your remark is merely a political provocation disconnected to the real world. russia doesn't seem to be forcing localized clones of popular web services on its own population, so propagating them to arab countries is even less feasible. and while china definitely does so and censors them as needed, it's rather improbable foreign countries would pick up chinese youtube or twitter or whatever. english language is becomng the true esperanto, so the majority of text being written in chinese hurts that idea. plus the "advantage" of centralized censorship falls flat when you realize pakistan (or whatever other country striving for religious censorship) would have to beg the central office in atheistic china.

I don't think you're quite getting the point.

I personally find it suspicious that American based technologies such as facebook/youtube/twitter etc were extensively used in the so-called Arab Spring. Is it so far fetched to imagine a modern propaganda war being waged, such as hired provocateurs inciting the populace of Arabic countries for US Geopolitical interests?

It's not that far fetched, in fact it makes perfect sense when weighed against the past decade of US foreign policy in the Middle East. Countries that share different and independent political/economic systems do not simply 'fall' one after another like that, unless there's some hidden hand behind it. And it's interesting how when the country in question doesn't serve US foreign policy (Such as Bahrain, which holds US Military bases) not only is nothing reported but is actively swept under the carpet.

Facebook also makes no secret of the fact that it can browse through your personal messages if the state asks them to: why should China actually want something like Facebook or Google in their country, if both will willingly hand over any information at the behest of the US Government? That's a question of national security if anything.

oh... indeed, i had no idea you went directly for a conspiration theory involving western governments and all of the important web services. no one's denying the massive bias of western media, but overthrowing governments via instigated unrest on social networks seems rather overly dramatic.

dew said:

...but overthrowing governments via instigated unrest on social networks seems rather overly dramatic.

Not in the slightest, in fact it's very cost effective. Wael Ghonim is an Egyptian activist who played a key role in the popular uprising that toppled Hosni Mubara - he also happens to be an Executive for Google.

there would be no egyptian uprising without the original protests in tunisia. opportunists added fuel under the copycat fires of uprising in neighbouring countries? not surprising in the slightest, but show me one shred of evidence the tunisian revolution was staged by western... uh. media? secret agencies? google?

dew said:

there would be no egyptian uprising without the original protests in tunisia. opportunists added fuel under the copycat fires of uprising in neighbouring countries? not surprising in the slightest, but show me one shred of evidence the tunisian revolution was staged by western... uh. media? secret agencies? google?

http://theweek.com/article/index/211405/did-facebook-fuel-the-tunisia-uprising

And that was the idea being paraded around in the western media when the Tunisian uprising began - and I instantly knew that something was afoot if a US-based company was had anything to do with an uprising in the Middle East/Arab World.

The logic speaks for itself.