Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

He's gonna smell like hot dogs!

dsm said:

A war is the closest thing you can ever get to a "Hell on Earth" - humans become the wild animals they originally were, deeds that are abhorred in a society at peace become legal (murdering).

No, wars are quite organized and strategized, not just everybody running around killing everything.

Lüt said:

No, wars are quite organized and strategized, not just everybody running around killing everything.

depends if yanks are involved :)

IMJack said:

So there was one guy executed who they later found was innocent. Sometimes, bad things happen to good people. It's a fact of reality. No system can be perfect. And the system did take steps to rectify things with the man's family.

Yeah, it looks nice from this lawyer position of yours. Now think what will happen if YOU are injustly sentenced to execution?

IMJack said:

IMHO, the most honest form of execution still practiced is the firing squad (even if they still try to alleviate the gunmen's guilt), and I believe Utah is the only state to still use it.

If the firing squad people don't feel guilty, they are profoundly fucked up.

Lament said:

Yeah, it looks nice from this lawyer position of yours. Now think what will happen if YOU are injustly sentenced to execution?

I'd fight it with everything I've got. Failing that, I'd go down with my head held high, as much as the head strap on the table will allow. :).

If the firing squad people don't feel guilty, they are profoundly fucked up.

That's why Utah only uses card-carrying NRA members to do their firing squad executions. They're already profoundly fucked up. :)

Lüt said:

That they're organized is beside the point, it doesn't stop the soldiers from being slightly fucked up in their mind. I don't know how you interpret it, but I know that it's still kinda un-civilized to shoot/mutilate other people.
I'm fucking talking about the soldiers (and victims of war) as individuals - I'm not talking about the war from the desk generals' point of view.
And order doesn't prevent a war from being a gruesome experience.