Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Breaking Bad discussion

Hellbent said:

Do you mean the opening scene to the season 5 premier? If so, we don't know how far into the future that scene is.. it's probably a year in the future as he has a full head of hair.

The season 5 flash-foward is probably about 4-6 months after the current finale (Walt's birthday in "51" then a 3 month timeskip in the final episode of this season.)

Hellbent said:

Spoilers ahead....

Was it that he was mad that all the risks and collateral damage from his meth business were unnecessary in light of his death no longer being imminent? I think seeing the tissue dispenser that he had smashed in so long ago was just to remind him of where he had been, what his original goal was, and how much things had changed--how much he had changed--where he came from in his journey to where he is now. He is no longer Walt the chemistry teacher the way he was when he punched the tissue dispenser, he's now Heisenberg the megalomaniac.

I think your analysis is correct, apart from the timing.

Walt the chemistry teacher stopped existing the moment he took his first MRI and was diagnosed with cancer at the earliest, and when he choked Crazy 8 at the latest.

Something the show tries to stress is that Walt (as Heisenberg) has never being troubled by casually murdering people (Crazy 8, the dealers, Gus, the two white Tyrus-replacements, for example.)

The only time he shows even a tiny bit of regret for the things he has done is in "Fly"; "Walter" just can't seem to get away from the fly, or his conscience. Which is why (IMO) the fly returns after he shoots Mike.

When Walt goes into the MRI machine this time, he enters as Heisenberg and leaves as Walter.

Seeing the tissue dispenser that he punched in frustration when he learned he was in remission and just looking at it says to me that he is resigned to either living the rest of his life as Heisenberg, or that his cancer is back. Or both.

Avoiding thread 'cause I'm only on season 3, still playing catch up. Managed to post this without reading anything, heh.

Just finished Season 4. What.

Spoiler

Did Walt really poison the kid, or was that plant "planted" there? ARGH, DONT TELL ME

Oh, also, the little thing with Gus walking through the door was stupid. I guess it was aggravating but made for cool suspense for a moment since they were implying he survived the blast, but it then it was just stupid.

Nomad said:

Just finished Season 4. What.

Spoiler

Did Walt really poison the kid, or was that plant "planted" there? ARGH, DONT TELL ME

Oh, also, the little thing with Gus walking through the door was stupid. I guess it was aggravating but made for cool suspense for a moment since they were implying he survived the blast, but it then it was just stupid.

Walt def. poisoned the kid. In the episode where he is waiting for Gus' goons to come and kill him, he spins his gun on the table. Guess what it ends up pointing at.

The Gus thing was a cheap thrill, but it got me good. Lol

I totally never caught that. damn you!

[edit]

Spoiler

Was just thinking, though, when did Walt have the opportunity to take Jesse's "lucky cigarette"?

Also I wonder what's to become of Mike. Obviously I don't want anyone to tell me, but at the end of season 4 he doesn't seem to have been anywhere near the events of the finale. I know he eventually came back from Mexico, but he's probably been a bit out of commission. I don't take him for the "revenge" type since he's little more than a loyal paid goon (despite being very good at what he does) and all this time he has just been following orders. So yeah, I'm waiting to see what role, if any, he plays in season 5; he's too cool of a character to just fade into obscurity. I hope Netflix doesn't take too long to put it up :)

All caught up now, with the mid-season finale of sorts. Going to be very interesting to see where it goes from here.

Spoiler

Because if Hank knows, the options are pretty limited. It's either Hank gets killed, Walter goes to jail, or Hank switches sides and becomes a criminal too.

Then again, with the show as well written as it is, there's probably more outcomes I haven't considered.

DooMAD said:

Spoiler

Because if Hank knows, the options are pretty limited. It's either Hank gets killed, Walter goes to jail, or Hank switches sides and becomes a criminal too.

Spoiler

You forgot: Walter dies in a very cliche last stand shoot out with law enforcement. Walter manages to escape and live out the rest of his life in some other country.

I hoped to find tips on how to stop bad discussion that you dont enjoy.
The title is little misleading :)
I know about that capital B in the "Bad" word, but a dash would make it clearer.