Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demon_Collector

Animated Defs

Does the wad you took it from have an "ANIMDEFS" lump in it? Just copy the definitions for that particular animated texture to a new lump in your own wad and call it "ANIMDEFS."

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why the format of the map is an issue when it comes to animated textures. I mean, what works in Doom format, works just as fine in Hexen format or UDMF and vice versa.

Blue Shadow said:

Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why the format of the map is an issue when it comes to animated textures. I mean, what works in Doom format, works just as fine in Hexen format or UDMF and vice versa.

Well, it does matter suppose he wants it vanilla compatible, Boom compatible or just ZDoom there is three different ways right there in which to create animated textures. Gez as already mentioned the lumps for Boom/ZDoom vanilla is a lot more limited.

Copy and paste this into your /ANIMDEFS using Slade 3:

texture WFALL1
range WFALL4
tics 6

It should be the first and last name of the animation. In this case 'WFALL1' is the first, 'WFALL4' is the last. Tics controls the speed. You may or may not need to update your PNAMES and TEXTURE1 things.

Pottus said:

Well, it does matter suppose he wants it vanilla compatible, Boom compatible or just ZDoom there is three different ways right there in which to create animated textures. Gez as already mentioned the lumps for Boom/ZDoom vanilla is a lot more limited.

When it comes to engine compatibility, then yes, the method does indeed matter. The point I was trying to make, which I apparently failed to do, was: if your target engine supports either lumps, then the map format in this case doesn't matter.

My point stands, since the OP's map format of choice is hexen format under ZDoom.

Eregore said:

Copy and paste this into your /ANIMDEFS using Slade 3:

texture WFALL1
range WFALL4
tics 6

It should be the first and last name of the animation. In this case 'WFALL1' is the first, 'WFALL4' is the last. Tics controls the speed. You may or may not need to update your PNAMES and TEXTURE1 things.

WFALL is already animated in the engine. All that would do would make the animation a bit faster (6 tics instead of 8).