Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doomist

My SHAWN2 Texture?

Okay, for some reason, my SHAWN2 texture appears black in-game, but in visual mode (I use Doom Builder 2 BTW) it's perfectly fine! Is there a reason for this? One thing I saw was when ZDoom was launching the game, I saw SHAWN2, but it was too fast for me too read. Does someone know what to do?
Thanks in advance :)

If it comes to it, you could always open up the wad that you're working on with an editor such as SLumpEd and manually install the SHAWN2 patch into your wad.

Here's how you'd do it:

1. Convert the patch into PNG format from your DOOM2 wad.
2. Export the PNG file.
3. Import the PNG into your wad so that it is in between the P_START and P_END markers.

EXAMPLE

O P_START
O SHAWN2
O P_END

4. Right click the PNG and convert it to a Doom Graphic
5. Right click and add the patch to PNames and Texture1
6. Save and try your map.

This process may sound complicated, but if you've done anything like this before, it shouldn't be too hard.

By the way, I don't really expect you to do this unless you still can't get the texture to show. This process I have shown you is really just a last ditch effort.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Why do all that converting? Just copy and paste the texture between wads with SLADE3. SLADE's awesome like that.

Never used SLADE before. Guess I just hate changing what I'm used too (I still use the first Doom Builder).

Hmmmm. Interesting. Thanks guys for telling me this. I'll try it out. BTW, you never used SLADE? I find the most fitting editor for me. You should also try DB2. It fixes a lot of stuff that made the first one a bit more hard. You should at least check it out! :)

The Doomist said:

Hmmmm. Interesting. Thanks guys for telling me this. I'll try it out. BTW, you never used SLADE? I find the most fitting editor for me. You should also try DB2. It fixes a lot of stuff that made the first one a bit more hard. You should at least check it out! :)

I've tried the second Doom Builder, it's a little different than what I'm used to.

PhantomTMac said:

Never used SLADE before. Guess I just hate changing what I'm used too (I still use the first Doom Builder).

SLADE 3 is basically SLumpEd 2. The interface is largely the same. Only, it has more features, and less bugs.

That said, you can still open several archives in SLumpEd, they'll each be in their own tab, and you can copy/paste lumps directly from one to another.

Also, if you want to go through export-then-import instead of copy/paste, you don't need to convert anything to export it. Who cares whether the file is in Doom's graphic format? Sure, you won't be able to open it in MS Paint, but that's not what you exported it for, is it?

Dragonsbrethren said:

Why do all that converting? Just copy and paste the texture between wads with SLADE3. SLADE's awesome like that.

Could you explain that? I'm not entirely sure what to do :/