Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Megawad name suggestion box

I have thought about and have decided to attempt to make a 32 level megawad on my own. If I can find a midi composer that I can get to work with wintex, I will make my own midis.

The megawad will have no real storyline, rather a collection of my levels and nothing more (although I will try to keep the maps appropriate to the part of the game you are in)

Problem is, I don't have a name for it. Post suggestions here. If I decide to take one of these names I will give it's inventor credit in the text file.

Come to think of it, A heretic megawad might be interesting, there's so few of them. Tell me what you think.

Come to think of it, A heretic megawad might be interesting, there's so few of them. Tell me what you think.

What are you trying to do, compete with me or something?

Heretic? I for one dont even know what that game looks like, I would suggest Doom since we all play Doom not Heretic.

Rot.

If you're just going to make some levels then why not contribute them to FreeDOOM?

Can people just answer my question seriously... please? Would you rather see a megawad for heretic or for doom2, and suggest a name. Thank you.

Uh....Liam's Really Big Cool 32-Level One and Only Megawad for Doom?

Uh....Liam's Really Big Cool 32-Level One and Only Megawad for Doom?

...or Heretic!

Well we gotta know a little more about it besides that it'll be a megawad. What's the time it takes place, where does it take place, what's the general concept, what is the level progression, etc.

Well we gotta know a little more about it besides that it'll be a megawad. What's the time it takes place, where does it take place, what's the general concept, what is the level progression, etc.

I said It will have no real storyline, I will try to keep the levels appropriate to the part of the game you are in. If doom2 I'll put baselike levels first, helllike levels last, so on. For heretic I'll do whatever theme I want, since it doesn't make much of a difference. I'm not asking much, just whether people here would rather play something for doom2 or heretic. And, If possible, suggest a sensible name.

I would personally enjoy some new Heretic maps. Unfortunately, I'm very low on names. I took what I figure is the best megawad name for my Doom1 stuff - and I got it from a generically stupid title run through a thesaurus. Just pick some basic words and head on over to thesaurus.com and work up a cool title.

I would personally enjoy some new Heretic maps. Unfortunately, I'm very low on names. I took what I figure is the best megawad name for my Doom1 stuff - and I got it from a generically stupid title run through a thesaurus. Just pick some basic words and head on over to thesaurus.com and work up a cool title.

Thank you very much, lut. I will do it for heretic, because there are less levels and thus less of a chance of me abandoning it, and the fact that we are lacking on good heretic maps. Now that I've got that down, feel free to post names here, altho I'll probably just do what lut said.

Well, that depends heavily on the theme for the megawad. Explain what kind of levels you're planning to stick in.

I for one, I'm looking for a GOOD HEXEN MEGAWAD!!!!1111

Thank you very much, lut. I will do it for heretic, because there are less levels and thus less of a chance of me abandoning it, and the fact that we are lacking on good heretic maps.

Great. I'll beta them - in fact, you can beta mine too if you want, or need a start on some ideas. I was supposed to have a build by now but Millennium's taken the lead so it'll probably be another week or two.

Believe me, If I could use polyobjects and acs scripting worth shite, I would try a hexen megawad.

It'll never happen. Never. Just give up hope now. It'll save you more pain in the future.

Actually, I had a whole game planned, but damned if I can use any of it's features. I made some levels in Heretic and converted them to Hexen with a converter I made, but left them in Heretic format and added them to The End Complete. I had a wicked final boss and level scripted out too, it would be cool if somebody could one day ACS it.

Build a Doom 2 megawad.

As for a name, do what Lüt suggested and look up words in a thesaurus.

As for mine, the first map I began to build had nearly nothing but stone textures like the BSTONE or TANROCK ones. I had to save what I had so far so I had to come up with a simple name and named the single-map wad stone.

As the wad grew bigger I had to come up with a title. I looked in a book similar to a thesaurus, but it was called a synonym/antonym dictionary. I guess it's just a fancier name for a thesaurus. I happened to look up some word that led me to finding stratagem which means "plan" or "deception" but I don't remember what that word was. I then came up with Stone Stratagems: A trap masterminded by the hellspawn.

Well...I'll say that I had a good start with the first 12 maps, but then as I progressed, the thing with the maps that made them interesting started to slump downward. I don't know why.

I'm still working on map18. When I upload the updated zip, which I think I'll try to do now, you can see what I have so far.

Something's up with map18. It seems too...straight. Maybe it's just me, but I'm attempting to fix it up some. I don't really know how though. It's based on a hellish motif, so maybe that has something to do with it. I guess I'm not so skilled in building hell-themed levels. Maybe you could test it out sometime and see what's up?

you can do it! making a megawad isn't hard, just needs alot of imagination to come up with those maps!

so far I've made 2 megawads which are already at ftp.cdrom.com

I do plan to update them.....

making a megawad is easy, can't wait to see yours!

you can do it! making a megawad isn't hard, just needs alot of imagination to come up with those maps!

What are they called?

Tell me, because one or two of the megawads on ftp.cdrom.com would be easy to make, accounting on the fact that it's a bunch of hallways and rooms with no detail...

I downloaded one called doomjr, 30 levels of boredom and dullness. I could recreate doomjr in a week. Probably less. It even had a slightly edited version of one of mrdoom's wads (under permission). Now mrdoom (wherever he went) is a decent editor, and mrdoom30 was ok, but this was one of his DEATHMATCH LEVELS in a SINGLE PLAYER MEGAWAD. The exit was right in front of you!

What are they called?

Tell me, because one or two of the megawads on ftp.cdrom.com would be easy to make, accounting on the fact that it's a bunch of hallways and rooms with no detail...

I downloaded one called doomjr, 30 levels of boredom and dullness. I could recreate doomjr in a week. Probably less. It even had a slightly edited version of one of mrdoom's wads (under permission). Now mrdoom (wherever he went) is a decent editor, and mrdoom30 was ok, but this was one of his DEATHMATCH LEVELS in a SINGLE PLAYER MEGAWAD. The exit was right in front of you!

That's up there with the idea for the megawad using only SLIGE...

Anyway, I say you should name it "Discord" since there won't be a unifying plot.

"Discord" doesn't sound half bad... since it's Heretic... uhm... how about The Sereptitious Silence Of Unseen Shadows?

Sereptitious Silence Of Unseen Shadows

Yeah, or not, that's good too.

Discord? Hmm...

Rancorous Discordance?

Nah... well...

Crimson Contention? Well, maybe if its about vampires or some shit... bah fuck it, I give up. =P

Do like Kevin Cloud and search for terms in a Bible. I can't help you, though, if there was a Bible here I would be alreading bursting into flames.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some chants and mantras to do before dinner.

Here's a name that MIGHT WORK:

Satannica (i know it might sound a bit unoriginal, and I know its the name of a death metal band I THINK, but I don't listen to any of that cuz I ain't a satanist, and I seem to be one of the few people in this thread who might actually wanna help you with the name, so judge it as you would any..other...na...OH HELL MY NAME R0X OVER J00 ALLZ.....CARRRROT MUFFFFFFIN!!!)

/me hates goin off on a rant

Sereptitious Silence Of Unseen Shadows

Yeah, or not, that's good too.

That's actually just a stupid song title me and some people made up when we had a band making fun of the ridiculous song titles some black metal bands gave their songs. Most of the words were made up, if it actually has a meaning I'll have a good ROFL.