Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Krispy

Doombuilder constantly auto aligning textures? [SOLVED]

I noticed that while I was working in 3D mode, Doombuilder kept re-aligning the textures that wrapped around a pillar I was working on, so that the inevitable misalignment somewhere on that post kept shifting around it. In the 'undo/redo' tab, I saw like 20 entries that said "Auto-align textures." What causes this and how can I avoid it?

What's probably happening is that when you split a line, DB2 automatically adjusts offsets so that the texture continues seamlessly. It's great when you're drawing lines over other lines, but if you're splitting lines so that you can drag the vertices to a new spot (like I do constantly :P ), it can be a little irksome.

Still better to have it than not, of course. It just takes some elbow grease at that point.

[EDIT] Re-reading your post, seems we're talking about entirely different things. My bad -- in that case, no clue. It shouldn't do any sort of actual auto-alignment without you explicitly telling it to.

There's an option in recent versions that allows you to disable the seamless alignment when manually inserting a vertex. It'll still do it when vertices are automatically added, like when you draw a line that overlaps other lines.

edit: Serves me right for only reading Xaser's reply. Um... hmm. Sounds like you might have the autoalign command bound to one of your movement keys. Try changing it to something else to avoid that. I use ctrl-a for autoalign and ctrl-d for vertical autoalign, so that they don't conflict with my WASD setup for movement.

I only use forward to move around and the mouse, you guys actually use all those other keys? I think that would drive me bananas!

Yeah it seems like just viewing the column from a different angle (or moving around it) causes it to auto-align. I'm not hitting any key to adjust it or adding vertexes.

EDIT: Yup, Essel takes the cake. I recently reinstalled DB and the movement keys were bound the wrong way. Thanks!

This reminds me about an issue I was having that sounds similar. Have you changed your controls to "WASD"? DB2's default align key is "A" is I recall correctly.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by OP. Guess that's not the issue then.