Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaganRaven

Doombuilder Stopped working

My friend was working on a wad a few weeks ago and came back to it today just to get an error that says "Doombuilder has stopped working" within 5 seconds of starting it up. He tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but it didn't help. Nor does rebooting.

We heard of this weird error happening with different SlimDX versions. Can somebody help us out?

Sounds like it's time to re-install windows or get a new hard drive one or the other or both tend to work wonders.

It could also be the map that he is working on...maybe load up a backup of the wad. Or does it stop working when you just open Doombuilder and nothing else?

He said it just crashes when he starts doombuilder and he doesn't even get the chance to do anything else. He's using 64-bit windows 7.

Could be SlimDX, or .NET (my prime suspect), or a conflict with a VisualC runtime installed by some other program. You friend could try backing up his data and rolling back several restore points to see if that fixes the problem, though the last time DB2 died on my Win7 laptop I wound up re-installing Windows.