Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

I believe you're allowed to do that (only if the resultant mod will only run on the version that they were taken from) but the idgames archive doesn't like that as I recall.

walter confalonieri said:

cool shots katamori!

Thanks!

Memfis said:

Katamori: nice! A little advice: you can fix that inapproprietly bright wall on the third shot by using bleeding flat trick. I made an example wad.

Thanks! I know this trick and I used it on that wall. It seems OK in Builder but not perfect ingame.

I'm gonna try it again.

Try to vary building heights in exteriors. Different buildings shouldn't be so perfectly aligned vertically. You can do so by creating "roof" sectors on the lower buildings.

Memfis: instead of adding a sector, I cut a small sector from the window. Fixed; now everything is OK.

Gez: thanks! I was in trouble already, what to do with this small street.

Katamori, I like those shots.

Dragonsbrethren said:

That last shot reminds me of Deus Ex.

Someone should totally make a Deus Ex Doom mod. We could call it Doom Ex.

Damn Deus Ex was an awesome game. Human Revolution was actually pretty good also.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

Katamori, I like those shots.

(...)

Someone should totally make a Deus Ex Doom mod. We could call it Doom Ex.

Damn Deus Ex was an awesome game. Human Revolution was actually pretty good also.

Thanks! How ironic that I make a Deus Ex walkthrough on Youtube right now :D

Damnit, I agree, one of the best games I've ever played =)

Katamori said:

Working on a Doxylamine Moon "Tribute-map" - in Katamori style

Reminds me of Epic2 some time.

I was hoping to use the textures from doxylamine moon but the credits in the original wad made no mention of the texture authors so I don't know how you're able to use them.

Just some days ago I was thinking why hasn't anyone made a Deus Ex mod in Doom...

Funny. I don't recall seeing any Men in Black in Strife. Though in fairness, there was multiple endings.

Presiously I thought that Strife is rather similar to Half-Life 2 but it seems I was wrong, it's rather similar to Deus Ex indeed. Anyway, I agree with KiiiYiiiKiiiA, there would be a nice idea to make an exact Deus Ex recreation for Doom. =)

Avoozl said:

I was hoping to use the textures from doxylamine moon but the credits in the original wad made no mention of the texture authors so I don't know how you're able to use them.

In the worst case, I won't upload it to /idgames - I wouldn't really mind it because actually, it will be just a birthday present for Lainos. =)

Cell said:

Reminds me of Epic2 some time.

Yes, MAP20 uses similar textures and have similar style.

Katamori said:

Yes, MAP20 uses similar textures and have similar style.

You mean MAP19? That was of that city-ish style.

Wow Memfis, I just downloaded the wad and that's a great map. Everyone give it a try. Texturing's a bit garish but the layout's nice. (E2M1 wasn't nearly as spectacular, but I did like how the layout looped around on itself and rewarded you for not destroying all the barrels on your first go.)

Edit: Heh, those teleporters at the start of E2M3 are way more fun than they should be. Seems like a tough map compared to the first two.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

*Looks at image of revenant standing on mancubus tripping over barrels shooting at Doomguy wearing green pyjamas.*

*Learns once again that that you can just never quite be sure what a new day will bring.*

Looks awesome. What map is that from, btw?

It's taken from red key area of MAP09 of the NewDoom Community Project. The Doomguy in pjs and the mancubike were added in by someone else though; they are not part of the original map.

MagnificentBeard said:

I'd forgot I even made that.