Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeper of Jericho

Five Rooms of Doom: (32/32) - now on idgames

which nodebuilder is better to handle large maps? the zenNode take ages to build the nodes...

Edit: nevermind about the teleporter, i'm just retarded. but if anyone know the main differences about the various nodebuilder, it would be appreciated...

Cacowad said:

i have a big problem, there is some size limits to the boom format that prevent the use of teleporters?
again, which nodebuilder is better to handle large maps? the zenNode take ages to build the nodes...

i've got a quick search on the internet but i found nothing .-.

I'm using a teleporter in my map and its working great. Haven't tested it with Boom though, but I can't imagine that being a problem.

map finished! now it need a lot of playtesting... if anyone want to do it, just ask, and i'll post a link here. i'll send it to keeper when i will finish to test it by myself.

Test in PRBoom+ instead? It's what I'm doing, despite GZDoom being my port of choice.

Not entirely sure what -complevel, though. Can't be too hard to figure out.

Cacowad said:

map finished! now it need a lot of playtesting... if anyone want to do it, just ask, and i'll post a link here. i'll send it to keeper when i will finish to test it by myself.

I can test ur map man

sexy stuff scypek2.

and yes, i've started a bare layout of my map today:

(lol, actually i've made the same thing for mine nitrodm1.wad map)

some things will be changed but it's almost here... and about slot, mh map18 maybe? (i don't want to do a map15, but i will can hange idea....)

Joseph Lord said:

I can test ur map man

good to hear! here comes the link:

[link updated, see posts below]

cc4 textures pack is not merged, i'll reupload with it if necessary.

Joseph Lord said:

Fuck, i cant load it man, when i put the map, it dont load

Are you sure you're playing the correct level? It's probably on its intended mapslot.

Keeper of Jericho: of course, because of the sky :P

Cacowad: I tried your level. I don't know, how hard is it but the layout is great! It looks like a perfect EP3 start. =)

Maybe replace the waterfalls with ice or anything because they look awkward next to the frozen water :P

Joseph Lord said:

Fuck, i cant load it man, when i put the map, it dont load

tell us exactly what happened, boom does not start? an error occur when you idclev to map 21? missing textures? anything else?

Katamori said:

Cacowad: I tried your level. I don't know, how hard is it but the layout is great! It looks like a perfect EP3 start. =)

Maybe replace the waterfalls with ice or anything because they look awkward next to the frozen water :P

thank you, and as ever, welcome to hell.

One thing I noticed while playing your map, Cacowad, is a seemingly lack of ammo. I'm not sure if I was playing wrong or not, but I found I had little ammo to face the many hordes of monsters you threw my way, except in the final room. Also, for some reason, the last wall of blood blocking the Cyberdemons and the exit wouldn't lower for me, though I have no clue why. Aside from that, a great (literally! =P ) map. Who says five rooms mean small maps, huh? =P

I've finished like 90-95% of map 20, I'm adding another secret just to make sure that it's possible to beat the map and that the map isn't so easy.
And I'm working on the ammo&health placement very carefully, especially on the amount of cells.

P.S: feel free to play map 13- The Mutiny, here's download (I used slade so the texture pack is included, thats why It's 13mb)
http://www.2shared.com/file/wccb0hQ8/TheMutiny.html

Keeper of Jericho said:

One thing I noticed while playing your map, Cacowad, is a seemingly lack of ammo. I'm not sure if I was playing wrong or not, but I found I had little ammo to face the many hordes of monsters you threw my way, except in the final room. Also, for some reason, the last wall of blood blocking the Cyberdemons and the exit wouldn't lower for me, though I have no clue why. Aside from that, a great (literally! =P ) map. Who says five rooms mean small maps, huh? =P

not mine eheh :P

the lack of ammo depends on what skill level you are playing, on easy there is a lack of shotgun shells in certain areas (like the tird room); in medium some monsters will always figth each other, lowering the ammo usage; i have tested the uv only to the 3° room, i had no time to go any further. anyway if there is some serious lack of ammo, i will add some more, if you scavenge a bit you will surely find enough.

the wall of blood will lower completely only if you walk over all the four line of the square, i'm going to change this anyway, i only have to find how :S

Cacowad said:

tell us exactly what happened, boom does not start? an error occur when you idclev to map 21? missing textures? anything else?

thank you, and as ever, welcome to hell.

I open it with skulltag, maybe that is the reason, but when i put map 21, listen the song and this it, the map not run

forevervile: The Mutiny is too much for me, in hurt me plently i reach the cyberdemon locked in the blue key door, but i can't kill it due lack of ammo, and if i eventually manage to kill him i remain with only the fist to face 2 viles, 4 barons and a lot of revenants :| from the screenshots it seemed to be a larger map, but i like it :) (p.s. demons can't use stairs! :D )

Joseph Lord: try to grab the cc4 textures pack and run the map with it, if that don't work try to use zdoom (always including the cc4 pack).

you can find the cc4 pack at the first page of this tread.

MAP12: Cyberdemon Heliport fixed alpha version: http://rghost.net/download/41310029/3537d2199bb54dbb46a94de839c4e85c84457b68/5ROOMS_K.wad

cc4-tex.wad is NOT included, so please don't forget to use!

Tested some (but maybe not enough) times, I feel the battle around the main area is quite comfortable, at lest compared to my previous (crowded and cramped) maps =)

Music: "Can you feel the enthropy?" by James "Jimmy91" Paddock. Theroetically I allowed to use this track on my level, because I asked it about 1.5 years ago :D

I don't know, how "Mutiny" will fit to this level, but actually I don't care, that one looks pretty good =)

PS.:Oh, Cacowad, I forgot to mention something that is very important.

if you ask me, strongly recommended to use the music of this level for your map21 music:

I have no idea why, but I feel this music perfect for a winter/frozen level.

Katamori: i'll play your map as soon as possible.
RIVALS: a masterpiece of a midi, i found that first on "uac invasion" wad, i love it, but unfortunatly i think it don't fit very well in the map...

p.s. what the hell! the map from scyte you posted is absolutely out of my skill, i think i died at the very beginning :\

Cacowad said:

Katamori: i'll play your map as soon as possible.
RIVALS: a masterpiece of a midi, i found that first on "uac invasion" wad, i love it, but unfortunatly i think it don't fit very well in the map...

p.s. what the hell! the map from scyte you posted is absolutely out of my skill, i think i died at the very beginning :\

Thanks! I found it exactly on that "Invasion UAC" level! That is the reason why I feel it winterish =) but if you don't want to use it, then no problem =)

Oh, and I've finished Scythe2 MAP20 once before on HMP difficulty. Wasn't as hard.

today my internet connection is really bad, so i can't post screenshots...

katamori, the fences that look over the nukage area are passable, i found myself trapped in, and yes, this map in hmp mach my skill :P

Oh yes, I forgot several things, I realised. :c

Things I found are fixed, and link updated! Check the original post =)

Cacowad said:

forevervile: The Mutiny is too much for me, in hurt me plently i reach the cyberdemon locked in the blue key door, but i can't kill it due lack of ammo, and if i eventually manage to kill him i remain with only the fist to face 2 viles, 4 barons and a lot of revenants :| from the screenshots it seemed to be a larger map, but i like it :) (p.s. demons can't use stairs! :D )

Joseph Lord: try to grab the cc4 textures pack and run the map with it, if that don't work try to use zdoom (always including the cc4 pack).

It works! really nice map, a good inspiration

Joseph Lord said:

It works! really nice map, a good inspiration

thank you ;) if you find something odd or out of place let me know of it. i'm still trying to fix the last part, without succes...

katamori: oh, i forgot, good choise of music, i really enjoyed it, your map seems to open to a much wider place... it could be a good map to place a secret exit, even if the five rooms limit seems to be reached :\

Five maps completed, very nice work everyone!

I continued working on my map today as well. Second room of "Nabataea" is nearly done. It's the exit room where all keys are used, so I wanted to make it first before I make the key-gathering rooms. No screens yet since it's not entirely finished yet. Expect some before too long, though!

EDIT: Also played your map, Katamori, and I really like it! It's got that "short and sweet" taste to it, kind of reminded me of Scythe 1. Very tight gameplay, too. Enough ammo to kill everything yourself if you want to, with opportunity for infighting with the Cyberdemon. Very nice. I think it may be one of my favourite maps yet (err, I hope that doesn't offend anyone).

Katamori said:

MAP12: Cyberdemon Heliport fixed alpha version: http://rghost.net/download/41310029/3537d2199bb54dbb46a94de839c4e85c84457b68/5ROOMS_K.wad

cc4-tex.wad is NOT included, so please don't forget to use!

Tested some (but maybe not enough) times, I feel the battle around the main area is quite comfortable, at lest compared to my previous (crowded and cramped) maps =)

Music: "Can you feel the enthropy?" by James "Jimmy91" Paddock. Theroetically I allowed to use this track on my level, because I asked it about 1.5 years ago :D

I don't know, how "Mutiny" will fit to this level, but actually I don't care, that one looks pretty good =)

PS.:Oh, Cacowad, I forgot to mention something that is very important.

if you ask me, strongly recommended to use the music of this level for your map21 music:

I have no idea why, but I feel this music perfect for a winter/frozen level.

Great map! The map remember me the scythe wad, have the good, simple,and details style, i have map11 and i want to show you my map once completed, maybe we can make a relation between the maps

Cacowad said:

When I played the map I even had extra ammo but I sometimes rely on infighting and I provided about 2-3 bfg shots for every cyberdemon.
On the revenants&viles second trap I just rush to the Invulnerability secret and then I kill them with rocket launcher from a close range.
When the first monster ambush starts I just let them fight the first cyberdemon in order to save ammo.

My map is ready! I think that need a little details in architecture,but whathever, is ready to be testing! i just need to know how i can upload for put the link here