Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Phml

Doomworld /idgames layout issue?

This is what I see now in the reviews section:

Is this normal, or something wrong on my end? There used to be clear separations between each comment.

Might have been a short-lived server issue. I saw it as well when that page had fewer reviews, it reverted to normal when I reloaded the page.

Gez said:

The "commenting as: forum username" is new too.

That it is. I'd still like to see commenting restricted to forum members.

Nah, anonymous posts aren't necessarily made out of cowardice. What I think would be neat is an option to post without adding a rating, recommended for when an author wants to add a comment. I mean, anyone could use it, but it would be there especially for authors and the like. It would still count against the one comment per IP/user limit, of course.

That would be cool too, though I think it would also be nice to allow a discussion of the wads on their /idgames page without being limited to one per IP (just votes limited to one per IP).

I'm still getting something akin to the screenshot in OP using Chrome. Digging the "commenting as" function as well, though I'm still signing my reviews because I don't always log in or vote from the same computer.

TimeOfDeath said:

That would be cool too, though I think it would also be nice to allow a discussion of the wads on their /idgames page without being limited to one per IP (just votes limited to one per IP).

That just sounds like it'd get messy in a hurry... formatting and attitude-wise.

TimeOfDeath said:

This new /idgames is really handy so far. Now I can start a punk list.

PUNK LIST

• zap610

Cool! I guess I can reply to you here then.

"stfu zap. there's more to mapping than detail."

Too bad it's missing more than just details. You also forgot to add gameplay, architecture, effort, fun and creativity. Sorry but it sucks, and if you want to put me on your shit list go right ahead. It still won't change your awful mapping.

TimeOfDeath said:

I'd really like to see this, too.

zap610 said:

Too bad it's missing more than just details. You also forgot to add gameplay, architecture, effort, fun and creativity. Sorry but it sucks, and if you want to put me on your shit list go right ahead. It still won't change your awful mapping.

Did you play as much of the wad as MajorRawne did? That wad has some of the most varied, fun, creative gameplay in any doom wad that will put your overall dooming skills to the test. How much effort do you think it took to be able to play through the entire final exam without saves? That wad should get a cacoward, but people like you would throw a fit because of it's looks and your lack of playing skills. The only thing the TimeOfHaters show me is that they have a shallow taste in doom mapping.

TimeOfDeath said:

That wad should get a cacoward, but people like you would throw a fit because of it's looks and your lack of playing skills. The only thing the TimeOfHaters show me is that they have a shallow taste in doom mapping.

Honestly, ToD, I like most of your maps. I'm just having trouble finding out whether or not you're being serious, here.

TimeOfDeath said:

Did you play as much of the wad as MajorRawne did?

Probably not, I got pretty bored early on.

TimeOfDeath said:

That wad has some of the most varied, fun, creative gameplay in any doom wad that will put your overall dooming skills to the test.

How is playing the same map over and over varied, fun, or creative?

TimeOfDeath said:

How much effort do you think it took to be able to play through the entire final exam without saves?

Effort != Fun

TimeOfDeath said:

That wad should get a cacoward

Yeah but I don't think there's "Worst Wad" anymore so you're out of luck.

TimeOfDeath said:

but people like you would throw a fit because of it's looks and your lack of playing skills.

Why would I choose to play something that looks ugly and bores me? I don't understand why you can't grasp this concept- if something looks bad and plays bad then what possible reason could I have for playing it?

TimeOfDeath said:

The only thing the TimeOfHaters show me is that they have a shallow taste in doom mapping.

How adorable, you think you're popular enough to have a following of haters! I'm sorry to burst your bubble but bad mappers like you come and go like clockwork. You will be forgotten.

TimeOfDeath said:

Did you play as much of the wad as MajorRawne did?

Well I played enough of it to see just how frustrating it could be.

TimeOfDeath said:

That wad has some of the most varied, fun, creative gameplay in any doom wad that will put your overall dooming skills to the test.

Creative and frustrating but, then again there's no actual award to beating this wad so why should I bother wasting more of my time to try to beat those lame creative levels as you call them?

TimeOfDeath said:

How much effort do you think it took to be able to play through the entire final exam without saves?

Why would it matter when it sucks?

TimeOfDeath said:

That wad should get a cacoward, but people like you would throw a fit because of it's looks and your lack of playing skills.

Nope deserves no recognition whatsoever and deserves to be forgotten.

TimeOfDeath said:

The only thing the TimeOfHaters show me is that they have a shallow taste in doom mapping.

I could say the same thing about you and no my taste of mapping has nothing to do with my opinions on your Expired License. Nothing you have done so far as mapping, will make you memorable.

zap: It sounds like you played the monster practice part and didn't play the final exam. Effort = Fun, if you can transform your effort into beating something. Is this the first wad of mine that you've ever played?

Doomguy 2000: I wouldn't call my taste in mapping to be shallow. I'm probably one of the most generous critics here. I like basically everything and don't post negative comments.

If you didn't like Expired License based on the first few levels, do yourself a favor: turn on godmode, infinite ammo, fast weapons, whatever you want. Just grind quickly through the final exam levels that consist in simply killing monsters. And get a better look at those levels that have a more imaginative gameplay, like having to send cacodemon corpses in a goal zone, or flicking switches to make things jump in rhythm to dodge rockets or whatever other puzzles there were. Some levels are quite fun.

But if you insist on playing as intended by the author (from start to finish, without skipping anything, and without cheating nor using saves), you'll probably get pissed off before ever seeing them, which is a pity.

Doomguy 2000 said:

Nothing you have done so far as mapping, will make you memorable.

you are ignorant to the point of embarrassing yourself whenever you open your mouth. rjsloth had more impact on a whole (no matter how niche) segment of doom mapping than most mappers can dream to achieve. don't make resolute statements when you've been around the block for like 10 minutes.