Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClumsyDoomer

TNT: Evilution Nomonsters Demopack [done!]

Cacatou said:

Yeah us keyboarders have it tough. Watching Looper's demos is like watching a robot play DOOM in an optimized way. SR-50 with a keyboard is kind of fun tbh.

So Cacatou, you're a keyboarder-only Doomer as well? Nice if you are, as there aren't enough of us around. :)

doomdaniel95 said:

So Cacatou, you're a keyboarder-only Doomer as well? Nice if you are, as there aren't enough of us around. :)

Yep, partly because I have a laptop and mostly because I can't be bothered to change my controls.

Relic: SR50 is considered a tool, so it's a cheat if you don't say it's TAS. But you didn't know, it's ok. Just say yours are obsolete.

To turn it off, it should be in the options menu in prboom, under general, then press right arrow 3 times I think. You'll see a section concerning Strafe 50. Make sure "permanent Strafe 50" is set to no, as well as "Strafe 50 on turns." Those are both considered tools and should not be used in normal demos. ;)

Relic said:

Okay thank you for that, how do I check my other runs if it's turned on or not?

motion blur for SR50, lmpc, angle of the movement, xdre

Usually the system doesn't let you if the zip size has not changed; if you want, you can try again by changing the names AND putting some blank spaces or something in the .txt actually adding a simple txt file.

fx02 said:

Nice, few days ago I've added support for nomo and prboom+ fastest times to COMPET-N database (time):

http://goo.gl/RNcKG

hint: hover MAP01 record time

Nice, someone did 4seconds without TAS?

TNT MAP21 NoMo in 1:58
TNT MAP29 NoMo in 1:18

I find it amazing as both are actually good, but still far from perfect and with some bad mistakes.
I would do MAP32 but right now I got something else to do :D

tnt-nomo.zip

JCD said:

I made map32 few months earlier and I had a time of 1:41

Ha, very cool ending! You should do MAP21 and MAP29 as well, you got really great movements (and I need to practice those).

I'm back! Sorry for disappearing.
If no one will be able to beat smth (map20, map32 and other long maps) tomorrow, I'll upload the complete demopack in Friday.
I've lost connection for a while, but it's now ok! :)

Cool, but in my opinion the file names should be left as 'EVXXoTTT', not as 'EVXXoTTT-name' :p

I do have a text-file for ev15o014.

Thanks for this demopack idea/thread!

Looper: I know, but there wasn't anything serious, just some corrections, so I put "none" to the comments :)
Odyssey: Of course, but I don't like Plutonia much...

Great too see this done and I agree with Odyssey, perhaps start a Plutonia one? I wouldn't mind joining in if that's okay of course.

Haha I'd like to record some more, but seeing as I suck and I get pretty impatient... maybe my attempts would be some good laughs for you guys when you get stressed out while demomaking. :)