Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

Third Doom On May The Third

Today, May the 3rd, is Linguica's birthday. As the man himself would say, nothing really news worthy. But it seems the guys at id decided to gave our beloved webmaster a present... or is it pure coincidence? Anyway, just a week after their website redesign, id software finally announces the third opus of DOOM, that is the official way.
Let's have a look at the information that can be found in the official press release:

We're given the trademarked title of the game: "DOOM III". So the temporary name becomes definitive.
Activision will be responsible for the distribution, which is really not surprising since the two companies always had good and successful relationships by the past.
Confirmation is made that DOOM III will be featured at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3).

Other than that, the announcement is filled with corporate reminders about id software and Activision. Of course, this may seem a little short, but the fact the game has been officially launched could mean more publicity, more goodies and, why not, a release date not so far away.

"DOOM III will change what people expect to see and experience in a PC game," Todd Hollenshead, CEO, id Software said. "We couldn't be more psyched about DOOM III, and are thrilled to debut the title at E3 with Activision. Get ready to be terrified."

Happy birthday, Ling.

H4R H4R H4R!!!!! TEH D00M iii He's FINallY bEENG Releades!!!!!!11
Seriously, coolness cannot be concealed.

Happy Birthday Linguica!

The Doom III pic you guys made for the Top Story looks great :)

Karthik said:

Happy Birthday Linguica!

Danke.

Happy birtday to Ling and the now-official "Doom III" =)

Karthik said:

Yeah, just a pity I don't know how to get to see a bigger version (if that's even possible at all).

I really hope it's 'controversially' terrifing and not 'lamely' terrifing.Good news and a great Birthday presie:)

dsm said:

Yeah, just a pity I don't know how to get to see a bigger version (if that's even possible at all).

Easy, you can't.

dsm said:

Still a pity.

Uuhm it was bigger and it wasn't so goddamn compressed before. Someone busted it.

yeah it's pretty sexy, the red in the logo could use a little smoothing around the edges from what I remember seeing a few hours ago.

I am happy... time for preparaton,it's not that far off now that they have released details and announced the project. heh, probably already half-way done. I just can't wait until I see the game running...

Heh it better be more than halfway done considering how long they've been working on it.

Still won't be out till next year IMO.Anybody think it'll be sooner?

Rellik said:

Heh it better be more than halfway done considering how long they've been working on it.

I really don't care how long they take, as long as it's good.

Belated Birthday wishes, Linguica.
As for the game, i've just soiled my leather pants. Off to clean up...

To be honest, I think they were working on the game before Carmack said anything in his .plan about it... think about it, he takes forever to update his damn .plan. It could have been days or weeks before he decided to let people know. Look at how long it took them just to announce the game.

Happy BirthDay, Lingy! You're the best
Be prepared to Doom III fearfest ;)

TheRequiem said:

To be honest, I think they were working on the game before Carmack said anything in his .plan about it... think about it, he takes forever to update his damn .plan. It could have been days or weeks before he decided to let people know. Look at how long it took them just to announce the game.

Carmack started working on the engine as soon as Quake 3 came out (Nov 1999 if I recall correctly). Meanwhile the rest of the guys were busy finishing the Q3TA expansion.