Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

Neighborhood from Hell - Version 2 Released

This is a remake of Doom 2's MAP16 Suburbs. It follows the same style of my previous map, After the Holocaust.
Extremely non-linear gameplay full of optional areas to explore with a sandbox felling. You can enter inside any building of the map. Explore all the houses to find supplies, and find your way out of this hell on earth.

In these pictures you can see a comparison between the original areas and my interpretations of them:

Download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?2z96wsljhi5l1u6

Black bars (what's the purpose of them anyway?) on the 2nd screenshot don't match well with the red bricks I think.

I really love the style of your map(s). Everyone I've shown your first one to have mentioned that they wished Doom 2 looked like that. Very glad to see you redoing map 16, since it's one of my favorites.

It all looks too clean considering Hell has just invaded.

I mean, SKY2 shows buildings on fire and such.

Hey, dude. Awesome wad, but it is buggy. Nevermind that for the moment, though. You should make this wad into The Walking Dead! You must do this, in fact. It would be sooooooooo awesome sauce. It already looks like its own game. If you just change the monsters into various zombies so that there are only zombies in the map it would be so bad ass. Like, beyond badass if you could do the zombies well. You could have basically 15 different kinds of zombies. They'd all have to have the melee attack. Some faster than others, some more agressive than others. It would be a lot of work, but you already put a lot of work into it making it into a very attractive full conversion and you probably could find some willing animators who would be willing to make some zombie replacement sprites for the project. Do it!

Hellbent said:

Hey, dude. Awesome wad, but it is buggy. Nevermind that for the moment, though. You should make this wad into The Walking Dead! You must do this, in fact. It would be sooooooooo awesome sauce. It already looks like its own game. If you just change the monsters into various zombies so that there are only zombies in the map it would be so bad ass. Like, beyond badass if you could do the zombies well. You could have basically 15 different kinds of zombies. They'd all have to have the melee attack. Some faster than others, some more agressive than others. It would be a lot of work, but you already put a lot of work into it making it into a very attractive full conversion and you probably could find some willing animators who would be willing to make some zombie replacement sprites for the project. Do it!

left 4 doom

This map is excellent; however, I have found something a little unsightly. I don't know if this is GL only or not, but this is what I found:

This is found near the starting building, I figured I'd say something about it. Thank you for your time.

Hey, is there a specific port that should be used with this WAD? The design is great, but I'm encountering a ton of texture glitches on both GZDoom and ZDoom. The mirrors keep flickering and showing the sky texture, for instance.

Did a let's play of it in GZDoom, worked fine other than something in the beginning which you'll see. Will upload the 2 parts tomorrow and Tuesday.

i like the floor plan of the buildings in the original map16 better. Im glad you noticed that room with all the teleporting imps in it was a garage though

This map was a lot of fun and had quite a few nice touches to it. I particularly liked the large garage full of bloody bones, it was a bit of a surprise.

I didn't get the red skull my first time through because a swarm of lost souls was chasing me through the house, and without the arsenal behind the red skull door, the ammo is very tight. I preferred this type of play in this case, as I got a pretty good rush out of being chased around the town by a cyberdemon while all my guns were empty.

Is there any way to get the BFG in the waterway?

Megalyth said:

This map was a lot of fun and had quite a few nice touches to it. I particularly liked the large garage full of bloody bones, it was a bit of a surprise.

I didn't get the red skull my first time through because a swarm of lost souls was chasing me through the house, and without the arsenal behind the red skull door, the ammo is very tight. I preferred this type of play in this case, as I got a pretty good rush out of being chased around the town by a cyberdemon while all my guns were empty.

Is there any way to get the BFG in the waterway?

The only dead tree of the city is actually a switch. Find and use it, and it will open a secret area with a teleporter in a fireplace inside one of the houses.