Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

joe-ilya said:

No it is'nt

You're kidding, right? It looks like the screen's been raped with bleach. If that gamma doesn't look high to you, get a monitor that isn't dying.

esselfortium said:

It looks nearly like you selected the building in an image editor and painted over all the walls with a solid color. Do you have evenlighting enabled or something?

I had fake contrast off when taking these pics.

Impboy4 said:

I had fake contrast off when taking these pics.

Would probably help if you turned it on. Would probably also help if you added some shadows to the building and the cliffs. It would help give a higher sense of depth, which it currently lacks.

Previously (God knows when...) I posted a shot about a WIP map where the player must escape on building roofs in a town.

Well, I worked a bit more on the map and it's becoming better and better I think. =)

Sodaholic said:

You're kidding, right? It looks like the screen's been raped with bleach. If that gamma doesn't look high to you, get a monitor that isn't dying.

what do you mean by "dying"?

joe-ilya said:

Which I assume is in better condition than the average bear.

walter confalonieri: Looks great, love the texturing and cramped spacing. Good use of crates without getting carried away.

Katamori: Great take on the city theme! How did you do the cross?

joe-ilya: If your monitor is "dying," then it's dimming and unable to get brighter.

joe-ilya said:

I mean it's been used so much that it's getting really dark. Ideally, you shouldn't have to be using any gamma correction at all, if you do need to, you need to get a brighter monitor.

Sodaholic said:

You and BloodyAcid are kidding, right? It looks normal to me.

printz said:

It's not, that's way too bright.

GoatLord said:

Katamori: Great take on the city theme! How did you do the cross

Thanks! To be honest, if was more successfull than I' expected. =)

The right and left parts of the cross are aligned middle textures =)

printz said:

What? Of course I'm not kidding, that shit's blinding. Honestly, how dark is your monitor?

Sodaholic said:

What? Of course I'm not kidding, that shit's blinding. Honestly, how dark is your monitor?

Well, from my point of view, this is not due to a dying monitor, this is due to the high gamma of the original Doom II.

Katamori said:

Previously (God knows when...) I posted a shot about a WIP map where the player must escape on building roofs in a town.

Well, I worked a bit more on the map and it's becoming better and better I think. =)

http://i.imgur.com/k10fm.jpg

That's cool, I've had a similar idea for a deathmatch map that I've been kicking around; except it'll be using 3d floors and whatnot too :)

Katamori said:

Thanks! To be honest, if was more successfull than I' expected. =)

The right and left parts of the cross are aligned middle textures =)

But won't it look weird if you're under it and look up?

Nomad said:

That's cool, I've had a similar idea for a deathmatch map that I've been kicking around; except it'll be using 3d floors and whatnot too :)

Thanks! My idea came from the Russian megaWAD "A.L.T." which was organized by my friend, Lainos - there was a map called "Death from Above" with similar concept. My first attempt was an ugly copy of that map, but since I improved almost every elements of the map and I think, it became unique =)

This map should be Vanilla-compatible but it won't be because of the massive overflow which creates a lot of HOMs that makes it almost unplayable...and I don't want to make the map simplier because it's beautiful I think.

GoatLord said:

But won't it look weird if you're under it and look up?

Yes, but I don't have to deal with it as far as it will be a Boom-compatible map. =) also, all the places will be far from the cross, except the streets, but there will be serious damage in case if you fall down =)

Cell said:

Well, from my point of view, this is not due to a dying monitor, this is due to the high gamma of the original Doom II.

Dude, Doom 2's default gamma was 1.0. That screenshot looks like it's at 4.0 or higher.

EDIT: holy crap, the screenshot looks normal when I view it with my iPhone. On my PC, it's washed out and bright. Odd...

A couple of new pics of my new map, think its just about ready to be unleashed.

Can anyone recommend a fitting midi track to go with such apocalyptic surroundings?

Sodaholic said:
EDIT: holy crap, the screenshot looks normal when I view it with my iPhone. On my PC, it's washed out and bright. Odd...

Ditto. Weird.

mouldy said:

Can anyone recommend a fitting midi track to go with such apocalyptic surroundings?

TNT.wad (Evilution) map29 music usually works well for settings like the ones you've been posting.

It could get redundant if it's an incredibly lengthy map though.

Sodaholic said:

That's because the .JPG is actually a .PNG with an incorrect extension. Save it and change the extension to make it display normally.