Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buu342

Inside the Demon (85% complete)

Hello People!

Hell really overdid it this time. Not only are they invading, days before the last invasion, but they have perhaps brought the biggest demon to ever be created. Either that or they just kicked him out due to lack of space. So your job? SEND IT BACK AND CRAM IT UP SATAN'S ASS! This sound easy right? Just shoot it until it dies. That my friend is a big No no. What your mission is, Go inside of it and kill it from the inside! Sounds easy right? But i think Satan has a few more machines inside than we think! Also, take these goggles with you, i bet it will be wicked dark in there!

This is a wad I've been working on for a month. It is nearing its completion but i still have some things to do. I need to start the brain boss fight, finish the spine, add voice acting (or just messages from your captain) and add a title screen map. I need beta testers to test my map. and to tell me some music i should include later on my map. So please help me :)

For those who say there isn't much detail, then please tell me where i can improve. I'm trying to fix the low detail by adding more to the beginning area and the brain fight. Also another reason for low detail IS because i haven't seen a doom map before that is inside a demon, or any detail tutorials on such.

The link is right below this message, in-case some people don't see it. If you don't, I'll draw an arrow for you:
|
|
|
V
USE SKULLTAG
http://www.mediafire.com/?4navqfrmib2q9it

Screenies :3
http://i.imgur.com/pBQxM.png
http://i.imgur.com/aL6gs.png
http://i.imgur.com/XTedo.png
http://i.imgur.com/lHxVU.png
http://i.imgur.com/iFHfj.png
http://i.imgur.com/PGY1p.png

Have fun!

Hmm. Well, I would have tried this if it was at 68%, or perhaps 67% completion, but 64% seems a bit low, so I'll have to pass.

Edit: P_SetupLevel: map01: Hexen format not supported.

So my progress went something like this

-Killed some imps, walked into a death pit
-Killed some imps, jumped over the death pit, got crushed by a ceiling.
-Killed some imps, jumped over the death pit, avoided the crushing ceiling, Killed a demon, fell down a hole, swam around, killed some more stuff, and got stuck in another room.

-Many of the textures don't appear. I played this in ZDoom and GZDoom, and this happened in both.
-If you must make traps that kill you so quickly, some warning would be good.
-Make the level less boxy. Everything is square.
-Learn simple mapping techniques, it is much more important than adding the fancy stuff like scripts and new objects and things.
-I actually liked the big heart thing, Except I shot it and it teleported somewhere and I was stuck. But I like the idea. I didn't see any eggs. And I didn't see any brains either. Badum tish!!!!!

Interesting ideas tho.

Theres a tech door inside of a demon? Maybe he ate a base for a midnight snack, idk. Ill try out the wad anyways eventhough most of the screenshots are void of any detail and have wide open areas.

Ill post again when i test it out.

Is this project for skulltag or something because when i opened it there was a shitload of missing textures?
---edit, Either i cannot find where you say this is a skulltag wad or you forgot to mention it but i figured out it does indeed require skulltag.....

Buu342 said:

Also another reason for low detail IS because i haven't seen a doom map before that is inside a demon, or any detail tutorials on such.

There's a level set inside a lung in this mapset.

I think it's E1M7, it could be useful for inspiration.

Ok not to discourage you from mapping but this map has alot of flaws.

The unannounced deathpits are annoying as fuck. Please remove them. The crusher and insta death acid at the first part of the map needs to be removed because i know most people will quit playing at that point.

This map is horribly linear, despite what i first though that you could kill any part of the body you wanted to, but boy was i wrong. The map is but a single path and you kill organs in 1 designated path.

The shotgun is useless in this map because of all the high tier enemies. I suggest putting in the super shotgun instead.

The spine area was horrible as shit. It took me about 30 saves to reach the end of it. I didnt know this was a jumpmaze map. Redo the spine area so its not so much of a horrible compact jumpmaze of evil headache headplants into your keyboardness......

Now on the lighter side of things. This map was pretty unique in its theme and thats the only thing that kept me playing, because i wanted to see what else there was.

Ok so i said alot of mean shit about your map, but dont get bent out of shape and say "fuck mapping everyone here is a bunch of haters".
The only reason im telling you this is because i want to help you see the flaws in your map, learn from it and make it better.

Heres some suggestions to greatly improve your map and make it more fun and worth while to play.

Remove the insta death pits, some are ok but make sure their easy to detect. Make the map nonlinear by allowing the player to choose which organ they want to take out first. Dont make box rooms. Remember the inside of animals/or demons arnt box or rectangle shaped structures. Make the map curved and oddly shaped. If your going to put strong monsters in please dont add weak weapons like the shotgun. Noone wants to shoot barons and hecubus with a shotgun.

Also please for the love of god, DONT MAKE THIS A JUMPMAZE!!

Keep up the good work dude and remember dont take my criticism personally, keep practicing your mapping.

Alwaysdoomed said:

Ok not to discourage you from mapping but this map has alot of flaws.

The unannounced deathpits are annoying as fuck. Please remove them. The crusher and insta death acid at the first part of the map needs to be removed because i know most people will quit playing at that point.

This map is horribly linear, despite what i first though that you could kill any part of the body you wanted to, but boy was i wrong. The map is but a single path and you kill organs in 1 designated path.

The shotgun is useless in this map because of all the high tier enemies. I suggest putting in the super shotgun instead.

The spine area was horrible as shit. It took me about 30 saves to reach the end of it. I didnt know this was a jumpmaze map. Redo the spine area so its not so much of a horrible compact jumpmaze of evil headache headplants into your keyboardness......

Now on the lighter side of things. This map was pretty unique in its theme and thats the only thing that kept me playing, because i wanted to see what else there was.

Ok so i said alot of mean shit about your map, but dont get bent out of shape and say "fuck mapping everyone here is a bunch of haters".
The only reason im telling you this is because i want to help you see the flaws in your map, learn from it and make it better.

Heres some suggestions to greatly improve your map and make it more fun and worth while to play.

Remove the insta death pits, some are ok but make sure their easy to detect. Make the map nonlinear by allowing the player to choose which organ they want to take out first. Dont make box rooms. Remember the inside of animals/or demons arnt box or rectangle shaped structures. Make the map curved and oddly shaped. If your going to put strong monsters in please dont add weak weapons like the shotgun. Noone wants to shoot barons and hecubus with a shotgun.

Also please for the love of god, DONT MAKE THIS A JUMPMAZE!!

Keep up the good work dude and remember dont take my criticism personally, keep practicing your mapping.

Alright thanks! I was already planning on getting rid of the crusher in the begining of the map in the first place. Ill try to add a few more detail. As of the spine, im not quite sure on what to do with it then...
As of the shotgun, ill se how i can get rid of it, or atleast get rid of the stronger enemies.
When you are on the way of entering the egg boss fight, there is an underwater path that splits into three. I was going to warn the player that they could get a different weapon each path, and a weapon you could only get once in this game. It was the double shotgun, the rocket launcher, or the plasma gun.

purist said:

There's a level set inside a lung in this mapset.

I think it's E1M7, it could be useful for inspiration.

OH thx :) I noticed that they curve all the walls in that map, i should do that too.