Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mete80

Doom 3 BFG isn't working on Mobility Radeon HD5850

Hi Guys,

As you can see from Subject, my graphic card is M.Radeon HD5850 and when i want to run the "BFG Edition" i'm seeing that error message.

"Unable to initalize OpenGL"

Has anyone got that same graphic card and can him/her inform me this game working with this card or not please ?

And I tried to download the last version of graphic card driver but i saw that it's incompatible and could not install. Also can anyone give me the latest compatible driver link pls ?

ATI drivers don't like OpenGL that much. It was one of the reasons why I went back to NVidia after using my old ATI 3870.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_win8-64.aspx

That's the latest driver. I'm sure there might be a preview driver lingering around somewhere. Did you try fully erasing your video drivers and then reinstall? The drivers tend to have messy upgrade installations.

BlackFish said:

ATI drivers don't like OpenGL that much. It was one of the reasons why I went back to NVidia after using my old ATI 3870.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_win8-64.aspx

That's the latest driver. I'm sure there might be a preview driver lingering around somewhere. Did you try fully erasing your video drivers and then reinstall? The drivers tend to have messy upgrade installations.

First of all ty for your reply and suggestion. I obeyed that. I mean I uninstalled old one and installed new drivers from Acer's web site. However there is no change on damned thing. :(((( Now I'm gonna install Win 8 operating system and try it on that. But I'm hopeless. As my predict it won't work again. :( I think I'll able to play it only when I have a new computer which has nvidia card.. Fck :(((