Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ella guro

Doom 2 in name only (tentative title)

Thanks glen! I've done the same with the facing side of the cathedral. Came out with 234 drawsegs.
Well it's not 257 so I'm happy.
The entrance to the catacombs actually looks BETTER now it's a simple rectangular opening...

So now the cathedral is finished, I need to get back into the catacombs themselves.
Been looking at pictures of real life catacombs for inspiration

Catacombs of Callixtus, Rome

Paris, I so gotta make a trap out of this...

This project is becoming rather directionless. The OP hasn't updated anything for a month now nor posted anywhere on Doomworld in that time for that matter. I sent her a PM about the future direction a week ago, to which she hasn't opened, let alone responded.

About a month back we proposed a deadline for vacating map slots that didn't show any progress or declare intentions of still being interested. This hasn't been acted upon either.

What do you guys who have contributed so far or are in the process of contributing to the project think should be the next step forward? It seems like the OP has lost interest in the project. If this is not the case, I would like to hear from her saying that it is not the case.

As I've said previously I have not started on MAP06 yet and it's not within my immediate priorities so if anyone wants to take it I'll gladly give it up. If not I will make the map at some point but I will not get started until the new year.

I think the deadline system should be the same as used by TNT 2. That is, if no progress is shown to be made on the map each month, then the mapslot be opened up.

In the I think we have hit the inevitable snag where the project has gone off the boil, to be fair great progress has been made since this was first proposed as an idea and we have 11 submisions with a couple more on the way. I am pretty busy at the moment (own UD megawad and helping out with the finalisation of the sf2012 wad where I have a few submissions), hence why I haven't signed up for another slot. I would say I will be more available come the turn of the year and if there are still maps free I will definitely sign up.
In terms of direction for the time being, due to Ella Guru's in and out activity maybe we should select a stand in project leader (someone who has been frequently active) just to give the project a shove in the right direction. For example the new (but no unique) system we have in place for the map slots.
Edit
@Bruce, looking pretty nice, not so sure about the second pic though, the stargr1 texture doesn't really fit with the more earthy flat. I know the tendancy to avoid having a completely brown map, but despite this happening in the orginal, I always liked it. Maybe instead of using the sludge, try water or blood that will naturally give so colour variation without it clashing. But that my opinion and I'm sure others like it :)

RE: one update per month deadline system.

If this comes into effect, I can't keep up. Since starting my MAP30 I've become very busy with freelance work and haven't been able to work on it as much as I liked. However, if the final deadline was still the end of the year, I was going to set aside a few days after a few projects are completed to give the map a 'push'.

Nonetheless, I'm as curious as anyone else to know what's going on with this project.

ComicMischief said:

RE: one update per month deadline system.

If this comes into effect, I can't keep up. Since starting my MAP30 I've become very busy with freelance work and haven't been able to work on it as much as I liked. However, if the final deadline was still the end of the year, I was going to set aside a few days after a few projects are completed to give the map a 'push'.

Nonetheless, I'm as curious as anyone else to know what's going on with this project.

Stick with your current plan, at least posting here and being honest shows you have some interest in this project. This idea was mainly used to clear out all the people who claimed spots and have never posted again on this thread hence the map slots are pretty much dead.
If this wad is released at the end of the year I will eat my hat :P

On that note: I'm withdrawing my (already tentative) claim to level 21.

Sorry, I really wanted to make a contribution, even if it ended up failing to meet quality standards. College + the total loss of my old HDD are just too potent a mix for me to make up for lost time.

Some real nice work going on this thread. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next.

ComicMischief: If you can't finish your map, send it to someone who CAN. Your concept was really good.

Cannonball
In terms of direction for the time being, due to Ella Guru's in and out activity maybe we should select a stand in project leader (someone who has been frequently active) just to give the project a shove in the right direction

This would probably need a new thread though, mostly for OP updates.
Also, agreed on the STARGR1 in Bruce's screenshot. You could try STARTAN perhaps?

Basically echoing: I don't want to see this project go down the pan, but something does need to be overseen progress wise

OP-Mimic on previous page updated.

EDIT: Also note this:

ella guro said:

one more thing: if other stuff gets in the way too much, i might have to hand over my role running the project to one of you guys =/. it seems only fair to have someone who's more active around here, instead of everyone waiting on me to update the thread. i'll let you guys know.

Eris Falling said:

This would probably need a new thread though, mostly for OP updates.

Basically echoing: I don't want to see this project go down the pan, but something does need to be overseen progress wise

^This.

We obviously need a new thread that can be maintained by a more active project leader. Who wants to step up to the plate?

glenzinho said:

^This.

We obviously need a new thread that can be maintained by a more active project leader. Who wants to step up to the plate?

As far as I can see it will be either me, cannonball, bruce or you. We seem to be the most active on this.

Katamori said:

I agree the idea of making a new thread.

Well it's definitely happening then, now the stand-in leader has to be selected.

If you want a nomination, here you go: I nominate Eris Falling. Why? You've got the most posts in this project. Heh. I'd nominate myself but I'm already the project leader for HYMN (shameless plug). ;)

second that, I would be a rubbish project leader, if I had the titanic I would probably make it blow up before hitting the iceberg :P

cannonball said:

second that, I would be a rubbish project leader, if I had the titanic I would probably make it blow up before hitting the iceberg :P

Well I can't do project-leadery stuff, like compiling the final WAD, ENDOOM, etc.
Although I guess I am merely a stand-in and if not, I can learn.

I will wait for glen and bruce's opinions on this before making a new thread.

Katamori said:

Well, we shouldn't worry about that Eris Falling would be an inactive project leader :D

Very true indeed :D
Coming up to 'Forum Regular' within 4 months of registering (wow 4 months), tbh I think Forum Spammer would be more appropriate if it wasn't already a title.

Maybe posts too much will appear one day :P

We will see...

EDIT: I don't try to over-post. I just have no life >.>

If the need arises, I will make the new thread tomorrow.

Eris Falling said:

MAP10: Refuelling Base[/b] - OPEN

Seems like I'm a little late to the party here. I would've actually loved to take this map, but I'm just too darn busy - my finals are just round the corner.

The earliest I can go back to map making is probably January of next year, and I'm pretty sure that by then, if the deadline doesn't stick, someone would've already begun work on it.

I'm really excited about the project though. I look forward to its completion.

Ugalabuga said:

Seems like I'm a little late to the party here. I would've actually loved to take this map, but I'm just too darn busy - my finals are just round the corner.

The earliest I can go back to map making is probably January of next year, and I'm pretty sure that by then, if the deadline doesn't stick, someone would've already begun work on it.

I'm really excited about the project though. I look forward to its completion.

I, having (possibly temporarily) taken over as project leader, am not keeping the original end-of-year deadline. Let's face it, 4 weeks for 21(?) maps is a bit optimstic. A new deadline has yet to be decided, so you can claim it if you want.

Anyway, Replacement thread.

Hi everyone, sorry for the long bump, but I had to ask if someone does still have the maps that appears in the OP.

Only 3 download links still works, but the other are broken.

Missing/ broken links:

Levels: 2 - 4 - 5 - 7 - 15 and 18.

Maybe @Grazza or someone else who were active at that time still have those files. 

Thanks in advance