Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unholypimpin

Satans Covenant Invasion (30 map invasion wad) Version 5.3 released!!

Basically an invasion wad i made with a few friends of mine a few years ago that we finished but never actually released as a finished wad. I just found it on my computer today and decided what the hell why not release it to the public and see what they think.

LINK HERE: http://www.mediafire.com/?cqdsujc36c60zci
==========================================
THIS WAD REQUIRES SKULLTAG AND OR skulltag_actors.pk3 and skulltag_data.pk3

these files can be found here

http://sickedwick.net/wads/skulltag_actors.zip

http://sickedwick.net/wads/skulltag_data.zip
=========================================

All the maps are done.

Features 30 maps with alot of new enemies and a few new weapons.

Basically before i put this up on idgames i want to see what everyone else thinks and if they find any glitches with the maps.

Mappers: Alwaysdoomed, Jack101, Whodaman

screenshots:
=======================
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/unholypimpin/satans%20covenant/Screenshot_Doom_20110502_133145.png
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/unholypimpin/satans%20covenant/Screenshot_Doom_20110502_133002.png
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/unholypimpin/satans%20covenant/Screenshot_Doom_20110502_132926.png
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/unholypimpin/satans%20covenant/Screenshot_Doom_20110502_132816.png
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/unholypimpin/satans%20covenant/Screenshot_Doom_20110502_132647.png
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af324/unholypimpin/satans%20covenant/Screenshot_Doom_20110502_133520.png

EvilNed01 said:

Invasion, as in waves and waves of monsters? Hah! Seems awesome, I'm gonna give it a whirl.

exactly, each map has atleast 6 waves of monsters you must beat to finish the map. Each wave unlocks new parts of the map and new weapons for you to use.

WhoDaMan here, I wish I would have known you were releasing this. I updated map 14, fixing alot of the problems it had several months ago.

walligig said:

WhoDaMan here, I wish I would have known you were releasing this. I updated map 14, fixing alot of the problems it had several months ago.

WHODAMAN!!!!!!!! WHATS GOING ON BUDDY? WE DONT TALK ALOT ANYMORE =[

btw its not officially released yet, theres still time to fix stuff up and balance the maps out before i put on idgames.

Send me what you got buddy so i can update!!!

I think I played this a while back. I enjoyed it up until I got to one level where I couldn't progress to the next round even after killing everything.

I'll try it out again and see if I can spot that issue if it's still there, along with any other bugs I may come across. :)

Alwaysdoomed said:

You might be talking about map 15 dead silence. Its the icon of sin type map.

Haven't got that far yet. I did run into the issue with map 7 (Lava Ocean). I was on the last wave and had 50 enemies left but they were nowhere to be found. I would probably be stuck on that level still if I didn't accidentally find the switch to the secret exit that takes me to map 31. :P

walligig said:

Witch reminds me are you keeping map 31 if it's the one I think it is? If not im talking about the LoH map.

shh shh shh =P

@nems

oh lava ocean is glitched? ugh must be one of the flyers thats getting stuck in somewhere.

Thanks for the info nems, ill search the map to see whats blocking the spawn.

Whodaman do you think you could send me your updated boss cube map? thanks in advanced.

Glad to see that this is back up! We should play this sometime again on zandronum online man, it's been months. I miss the insanity of map17. =P

Alwaysdoomed said:

@nems

oh lava ocean is glitched? ugh must be one of the flyers thats getting stuck in somewhere.

Thanks for the info nems, ill search the map to see whats blocking the spawn.

You're welcome. :)

Got some more to add:

-Found a HOM on map 9 (Halls of Blood)
-The final wave of Map 12 (Unholy Courtyard) says I have two more monsters to kill while my automap is telling me I've killed everything, leaving me stuck and unable to complete the map.

I'll continue looking for more tomorrow. It's 3:17 AM in my area as of this post and I'm in dire need of sleep. :U

Nems said:

You're welcome. :)

Got some more to add:

-Found a HOM on map 9 (Halls of Blood)
-The final wave of Map 12 (Unholy Courtyard) says I have two more monsters to kill while my automap is telling me I've killed everything, leaving me stuck and unable to complete the map.

I'll continue looking for more tomorrow. It's 3:17 AM in my area as of this post and I'm in dire need of sleep. :U

You are the best!! changing those things as we speak.

Im updating the OP to tell people exactly the files they need to play this wad if they dont have Skulltag.

One problem I found preventing me from giving this a go.

Script error, "sc.wad:DECORATE" line 161:
Parent type 'Minigun' not found in 'Minigun25' 
Also, Slade apparently won't let me edit the skulltag actors thing to solve that problem.

Map 13 (Malice Hold) suffers from the same thing as map 12, though this time it's telling me I have 3 more monsters to kill despite my automap telling me I killed everything.

Map 15 (Realm of Hatred) needs some walls or fences to keep monsters from falling off into the void, in my opinion. I had to use the 'kill monsters' command in the console a couple of times to kill what was left so I could move onto the next wave.

I'll continue from map 16 later once I've done some reading for one of my classes and I get something on my stomach. :)

Screenshots look great, man. Minor, minor quibble: Satan is possessive here, so it should be "Satan's Covenant Invasion."

Apologies if you don't care about the grammar, just a thing I noticed.

gun_psycho said:

One problem I found preventing me from giving this a go.

Script error, "sc.wad:DECORATE" line 161:
Parent type 'Minigun' not found in 'Minigun25' 
Also, Slade apparently won't let me edit the skulltag actors thing to solve that problem.

You can fix this by dragging both the skulltag files into a .exe along with this wad or you can just play it with skulltag.

No need for altering the code of any of the files.

@schwerpunk aw thanks, im horrible at grammar **

@nems you sir are my hero!!!

Nems said:

Map 15 (Realm of Hatred) needs some walls or fences to keep monsters from falling off into the void, in my opinion. I had to use the 'kill monsters' command in the console a couple of times to kill what was left so I could move onto the next wave.

In the updated version I sent to Alwaysdoomed on that map, any monster that falls into the void should be killed instantly now.

I get this when I try to load it in gzdoom:

Script error, "Satanscovenantv5.2.wad:DECORATE" line 161:
Parent type 'Minigun' not found in Minigun25
Replaced type 'Minigun' not found for Minigun25
Script error, "Satanscovenantv5.2.wad:DECORATE" line 166:
"weapon.ammotype" requires an actor of type "Weapon"

Execution could not continue.

Unexpected 'Clip' in definition of 'Minigun25'

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I get this when I try to load it in gzdoom:

Parent type 'Minigun' not found in Minigun25
Replaced type 'Minigun' not found for Minigun25
"weapon.ammotype" requires an actor of type "Weapon"

Execution could not continue.

Unexpected 'Clip' in definition of 'Minigun25'

This requires skulltag.

Or zandronum with skulltag_actors.pk3 and skulltag_data.pk3

ya i tried to make it run with zdoom and gzdoom and it doesnt.. Unfortunately this is only compatible with skulltag, or zandronum with the right files.

Awesome man!!
im in map03, is very fun with new monster, I can not imagine how much fun it can be in multiplayer

Map 17 (Urban Corruption) has a missing wall texture. The screenshots I took should pinpoint the problem better than I can explain it.

Seems legit.

wat

Aside from that, I couldn't find anything else in terms of eye-catching graphical issues or game-breaking bugs.

Only real complaint I had overall about this megaWAD is those black blobs. It's easy to forget they're there while moving about to clear out enemies, only to have your movements stopped by one as more blobs gang up while the other monsters have fun roflstomping you.

Aside from that, I enjoyed it and I look forward to the fixed version being released. :)

Nems said:

Map 17 (Urban Corruption) has a missing wall texture. The screenshots I took should pinpoint the problem better than I can explain it.

Seems legit.

wat

Aside from that, I couldn't find anything else in terms of eye-catching graphical issues or game-breaking bugs.

Only real complaint I had overall about this megaWAD is those black blobs. It's easy to forget they're there while moving about to clear out enemies, only to have your movements stopped by one as more blobs gang up while the other monsters have fun roflstomping you.

Aside from that, I enjoyed it and I look forward to the fixed version being released. :)

Ya the black spawn are weak they die in 1 hit and do 1 damage per second, but their ability to keep you from moving till you kill allows for stronger monsters to kill you. Pretty much they dont spawn naturally in waves except for like 2 or 3 maps out of the entire wad. The only way they spawn is from killing a monster that is black, except for the shadow recluses they dont spawn black spawns on death.

Ya most people hate them, but i dont have the heart to remove them.

Thank you so much for the feedback nems!!!

version 5.3 is now available. This version contains many bug fixes which include monsters not spawning in certain maps which made those maps unbeatable. switched map14 and map15 with eachother to reflect on the fact that bosses are every 5 maps except for map14 which broke this cycle.
Black spawns nolonger spawn from monsters anymore and thus you will only see them as wave spawns.

map15 which was map14 before this version now blocks monsters from dropping into the void and causing waves to become unbeatable.

Added more powerups to some maps because they were too tedious at the start.

Nerfed the health of satan and zyclonaxx by 40% so fighting satan shouldnt take more than 10 minutes and zyclonaxx shouldnt take more than 6 minutes.

Buffed the Sinistervile boss, he will nolonger cast his white firenova attack and always cast seeker missiles now.

Heres the download link, enjoy =D

http://www.mediafire.com/?506trd7je4ddv79