Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

The Monitor said:

I liked it, although, in the beta that I have, the Blue Card battle in MAP02 was a little unfair to me, I barely scraped past it after I rocket jumped from the pit. May I suggest removing the Cyber there? I liked the wad otherwise.

Yea the BK battle in MAP02 is pretty intense. It is likely the most difficult battle in the entire beta. That whole BK area actually suffered because of the SEGS limit I had to wrestle with when I originally worked on the map. I wanted it to be a good bit bigger than that with some more cover. But now that I don't have to worry about the SEGS limit, I will probably go back and tweak that area and fight a good bit.

If you've got anymore feedback for me, I would love to hear it! Just post it in my project thread I linked you in my previous post so I'll see it and not forget about it ;)

Katamori said:

Mechadon I seriously sh*t my pants when I see your maps... :D

I'm sorry my maps do that to you Katamori. Heh, thanks man! Maybe someday you could record a playthrough of them for your Youtube channel? I'd really love to see that (I've thought about doing some playthroughs and uploading them myself, sans commentary though). They might be way too long for that though, I'm not sure.

By the way, sorry about the screenshots in my last post. I forgot about the file size rule but remembered to get the dimensions rights. Here's a thumbnail this time.

Holy shit, Mechadon. I'm drooling. I love that opening on the center building with the woodmet/redwall combo.

Whoops, forgot to flip the knife. Oh well, this amateur has a bent/banged up pistol as well, so no worries.

To Mechadon: I have yet to play MAP05, but MAP01 is pretty perfect, I think. I'll get to MAP05 after I beat Plutonia 2 and Plutonia: Revisited.

Anyway, I'm playing Plutonia 2, since I beat Plutonia 1 not 30 minutes before this.

I hope to have PL2 beat by Wednesday or Thursday, then I'll tackle Plutonia: Revisited.

Mechadon said:

I'm sorry my maps do that to you Katamori. Heh, thanks man!

Well, that's the truth =)

Mechadon said:

Maybe someday you could record a playthrough of them for your Youtube channel? I'd really love to see that (I've thought about doing some playthroughs and uploading them myself, sans commentary though). They might be way too long for that though, I'm not sure.

I have a big problem. Vela Pax maps are so huge, long and hard that I get stroke from stress before I could even finish MAP01... :D I may try it but I think it will be stopped quite quickly. :D

But I recorded a Claustrophobia 1024 walkthrough recently, where I played your maps too and I even mentioned you... =)

NaturalTvventy said:

Reminds me of good old AEons of Death times... =)

GRB, I linked the source thread in the first line =)

"Doom 2: Project Romulus is a Boom-compatible map that I make according to the ideas of my audience; it means that I record all the steps of map making and upload it to Youtube. Although acitity isn't as big as it would be necessary, I've already got some great ideas, so I could create the layout quickly. The beginning is a gothic castle, which is a semi-exact recreation of Romulus, a map I made in Minecraft during a previous video series."

I think I've probably said this in the past at some point, but Katamori's screenshots keep getting better and better. Though I must admit to not having played anything by him(yet).

Any recommendations on where I should begin?

Hey, everybody, still on Plutonia 2.

Anyway:

Any help as to what this is? Thanks!
By the way, I can see that it is a letter, the letter G, more specifically.

Vorpal said:

I think I've probably said this in the past at some point, but Katamori's screenshots keep getting better and better. Though I must admit to not having played anything by him(yet).

He made Katamori 1024, which is pretty fun and has some cool ideas.

The Monitor said:

Any help as to what this is? Thanks!
By the way, I can see that it is a letter, the letter G, more specifically.

The first letter of author's nickname (Gusta).

Vorpal said:

Thank you! Katamori 1024 is my only (and also partially) finished project yet, but I have some smaller uploads too on /idgames database.

@katamori I like that golden cathedral room, the jarring contrast in textures has something of the insane about it, like medieval tron

I very much like to see others work (great thread). Usually I don't like provoting the one map,... anyway, here are some shots, maybe it's something for you. Map will be out in Dec.12, it's more like a tech-base-theme.

http://www.bilder-hosting.info/viewer.php?id=arx1354047152w.jpg
http://www.bilder-hosting.info/viewer.php?id=jdv1354047292u.jpg
http://www.bilder-hosting.info/viewer.php?id=viu1354047331f.jpg
http://www.bilder-hosting.info/viewer.php?id=cqs1354047388t.jpg

..and I don't know how long this bilder-hosting will work.... time is changeable...

Thanks Mechadon =)

You doubtless guessed that I was inspired by your screens, when you posted a new screen of Vela Pax, my imagination overflowed and I hurried to open DB and to create a new map x)

didy: Looks pretty nicely detailed, maybe just add some more light level changes.

--

I made some health items: Heart Sphere and Health Bonus. I was thinking the Heart Sphere could have a ring around it too, and probably all the other bonus items would be in this kind of style too.

Wow, Megahealth is gay.

@Katamori
The first screenshot looks stylish, but the second one is pretty messy, at least from that POV.