Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gemini09

Dynamic lighting: differences in-game in GZDoom and with GZDoom-Builder

Hey

The dynamic lights don't correspond too accurately between GZDoomBuilder and GZDoom in-game.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why? I am not too sure.

I'd hazard a guess that the size and intensity settings in GZDoom don't match up with the builder. If they are configurable in the builder, then try and tweak the settings to match yours in GZDoom.

Hey kinda off-topic, but do you guys know if it's possible to use GZBuilder for Zandronum maps or if there is a Zandronum config for it ?

Well actually after testing it should indeed work I'm pretty Skulltag/Zandronum support is built into the Map formats available as linedef type 152 is in there and says (Skulltag only) I guess I should have tried this out first.

Here I've been experimenting with lighting in GZDoom..

the skybox in the background is lit by dynamic light things, and the area the player is in is lit by

240 bright sector and (6-2-16 RGB values of Thing 9039 - Fadesetter)

what I can't work out is how to set a maximum limit on the effect the Fadesetter has on the building straight ahead. It has the same texture as the two nearest buildings a little to the right

for another question, is there a more convenient way to do ambient lighting?

Hiya.

Yes. You can either do an "all" effects toggle by clicking the button at the top called "FX" (it's red, IIRC), or you can toggle the individual aspects (Dynamic Lights, Animated Dynamic Lights, 3D Models, etc.).

If you don't see those, you may need to enable them by going to Tools --> Preferences and down at the bottom left make sure "GZDoom Toolbar" is checked off.