Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raptomex

Good Christmas wads?

So pretty much my question is are there any good Christmas wads/megawads out there? I have the H2H-Xmas wad. It's not bad. Are there any really good ones out there if any?

Maybe try Whitemare, it isn't of highest quality (many maps are sligtly modified 4 hour speedmaps) but I think it's still fun to play and there are many different mapping styles so you shouldn't get bored. I made MAP04 btw, one of my oldest levels.

Memfis said:

Maybe try Whitemare, it isn't of highest quality (many maps are sligtly modified 4 hour speedmaps) but I think it's still fun to play and there are many different mapping styles so you shouldn't get bored. I made MAP04 btw, one of my oldest levels.

Actually I did check that out last night. Pretty awesome wad.

I remember when SRB2 had a Christmas mode that changed all the textures to snowy ones, replaced all the music with Christmas songs and added snow particles to any sector with F_SKY1 as its ceiling. That was pretty cool (although Mystic didn't think so, and nixed the thing); I wonder if anyone's done something similar with Doom proper.

I have issues recording any Doom maps with Christmas music on Youtube because of the bullshit third party matches (not strikes) that show up on my account almost immediately upon upload completion. I dealt with this bullshit with my 2011 video upload but got away with via dispute.\

Which was because of the music..

Thanks for recording on that Mr Chris! The map is designed with jumping in mind - if you climb onto those two "house" structures in the central area there's an SSG, amongst other things (not that you needed it!)

The question that is asked before every Christmas... =) I think, H2H: Xmas is the WAD that never gets old when Christmas comes. =)

OFF: Phobus, I also have a (quite old) video about your stuff =)

Katamori said:

The question that is asked before every Christmas... =) I think, H2H: Xmas is the WAD that never gets old when Christmas comes. =)

OFF: Phobus, I also have a (quite old) video about your stuff =)

Heh, you missed out on the cheesey MIDI I totally stole from the 90s :P Nice touch playing it with H2H: Xmas loaded. I think I'll have to give that a go myself one day.