Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

My computer broke a long time ago (power adapters overheated to the point the socket in the laptop warped, it overheat-crashed playing 3D games, and the lid itself cracked open by the hinge), hence why I was absent for so long. Then I got to use my mum's new laptop...until this happened to it. I have the worst computer luck.

Dont worry Kyka, I'll test those maps on my TV via HDMI cables, I wont miss details hidden behind liquid crystal :p

EDIT: And no, that ISN'T TNT2 (Anyone recognise it?). That demo's contents arent being spilled to anyone outside this house :p

Ragnor said:

Then I got to use my mum's new laptop...until this happened to it. I have the worst computer luck.

Is that laptop still in warranty? If so, bring it back.

printz said:

Is that laptop still in warranty? If so, bring it back.

I have no idea if shes even going to do anything about it. Ive even offered to pay for repairs myself

Raptomex said:

http://i.imgur.com/6CYr8l.png

What the glorious f@ck is that brown thing in the middle of the air?

Katamori said:

What the glorious f@ck is that brown thing in the middle of the air?

Lol I have no idea. I was checking out the custom add-on packs that came with ScoreDoom and there were all these new monsters. For some reason when I shot him, he ended up in the air and remained there for a few seconds.

Thought to do something more complex than simple items... So, a weapon with a moving part (the grey cylinder in the middle spins!)... It could have unlimited recharging ammo.. some 12, 24, 30 something.. and then find some extra ammo to make the weapon fire faster and maybe also allow an alternate fire mode.

Jimi said:

It could have unlimited recharging ammo.. some 12, 24, 30 something.. and then find some extra ammo to make the weapon fire faster

Sounds a lot like the blaster rifle in Rogue Squadron 3 Rebel Strike, by default it has slow unlimited ammo but you can pick up other dropped rifles to add to a ammo pool and fire limited but fast rounds.

A tnt2 map that will not appear in tnt2, complete with unrealistic shadows:

Generic cave:

I dunno what this is, inspired by Plutonia I guess:

Memfis: Good use of textures. It's difficult to have high walls like that without hitting the side-effect of textures looking repetitive.

Raptomex: Some real nice aesthetics here. Detailed, but not too detailed.

One of the more eerie levels from my pet project.

Edit: actually have this too, took it while looking for that area above.

Okay, that whole thing is sort of funny but at the same time makes me really uncomfortable.
Have some demonic slugs/pillbugs:

I don't know if that image is just compressed to where the red looks kind of a burnt orange, or if that's intentional, but I love that color. Maybe I'm just crazy.

The wall bugs look cute! Can we have them as pets? :P

--

I decided to start doing some HUD/UI stuff.. maybe it'll help me decide a new name for my game... So far I did the Numbers, A to F, % and - and also some temporary Statusbar.. If things go well, I'll replace the Statusbar with something more different.

Jimi said:

The wall bugs look cute! Can we have them as pets? :P

You can get them whenever i finish that thing, they are very adorable indeed when they scamper up and down walls.

(i know the animation is kind of dumb and i may or may not make it better before release. then again stretching like that may very well be how such a bug moves)

Antroid said:

(i know the animation is kind of dumb and i may or may not make it better before release. then again stretching like that may very well be how such a bug moves)

Some do

Some don't.

On topic, that looks ... interesting. Perhaps a bit too organic for a base.

ArmouredBlood said:

Some do

Some don't.

On topic, that looks ... interesting. Perhaps a bit too organic for a base.

Okay i guess i won't have to fix anything! :D Also what is too organic? The bugs? Or were you talking about some other screenshot?