Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xit-vono

which do you like better? Plutonia or TNT

Personally I prefer TNT. I think the levels are more well designed. I like the episode one style levels with lots of little monsters like gunners and imps.

I never played the PC versions of TNT or Plutonia. On PSX Final Doom, I'll say TNT because of the quantity. There are only 6 Plutonia levels on PSX Final Doom.

Well of the two the only one I can play efficiently without cheats is TNT. Plutonia can reasonably be deemed "Impossible", although I have played those levels also and they look cool if you can survive in them (I got to Map05 without cheats). TNT is good though, the level design, I think, can be compared to E1. The ambiance in the maps is excellent also, it makes you watch your step because anywhere you go could trip a wire unleashing annoying snipers and huge badasses.

TnT:Evilution rocks!! its my second favorite set of levels after ultimate doom...Plutonia is beatable but when you play it on UV or Nightmare your like diving into shark-infested waters

tnt. definitely. there are some cool levels in plutonia, but originality & imagine go out the window to make the levels super challenging. most of tnt's levels are masterpieces.

I don't care much for either, but TNT definately wins out on that one. Plutonia is more consistent, but mainly because it was so underdetailed.

TnT Eviluation by a long shot. Plutonia would be a lot better if it wasn't so hard.
TnT is nearly perfectly balanced, whereas Plutonia throws Arch-Viles, Cacodemons, Chaingunners, AND Pain Elementals at you from the very first level.

TnT is nearly perfectly balanced, whereas Plutonia throws Arch-Viles, Cacodemons, Chaingunners, AND Pain Elementals at you from the very first level.

That's actually one of the things I liked about it. But the level design was just so horrid and 1990 that is was unbearable.

They're each two separate 32-level Doom2 games. Each has a modified Doom2.exe to run it.

Both do. Final Doom lets you install each episode individually. They each run by themselves with their own engine.

Final Doom has both - you can't get one without the other, unless you stole the episode individually.

Aha.

I wouldn't buy it myself, but if you don't have any actual Doom games, get it. If you already have Doom and Doom2 (or just Doom), don't even bother. There's nothing new in it that isn't in each of the original packages.

...what I really want is Ultimate Doom, I havnt played E2 or E3 ever!! Just E1 from Doom95 =/

GOOD GOD, BUY THE TRILOGY!! BUY THE TRILOGY!!! BUY THE FREAKIN TRILOGY!!!!

No, don't BUY!! STEAL, YOU DOOM-LESS PERSON YOU, STEAL THE TRILOGY!!! DON'T LISTEN TO LUT!!!!!!!!!!111

ah... but lifting it poses the same problem as buying it. no stores have it anymore. not even second hand ones. no one's dumb enough to sell their copy of id anthology anyway. doesn't matter to me, i have all of the games in the anthology (except maybe dangerous dave registered). Plus my Commander Keen 6 is vga, not cga like in anthology.

i'm pretty sure anthology isn't there. if it was, i would've bought it for the extra stuff in there (namely the cyberdemon figure).

isnt tnt and pltuonia a box of candy

Ling please ban this piece of monkey shit.

Plutonia is easily better. come on.
Xit is the first *player* that I have ever heard say that TNT was his preference.
Plutonia is more challenging; besides, I honestly feel that a lot of the TNT maps are UGLY. heh

that is just my opinion, of course...
Dario Casali rules.

Xit is the first *player* that I have ever heard say that TNT was his preference.

I am a *player* also and prefer TNT(actually that's all I am; I don't make levels or mods).

I like TNT better. I have the same general opinion as most others here... PLUTONIA IS TOO FREAKIN HARD!

And the levels on TNT are much better in design and gameplay.