Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doomist

Textures Don't Show up in ZDoom!

So I have Quake 1 textures that I added into my Doom2.wad (just to save space), I put them under the MAP32 BLOCKMAP lump using SLADE3, and then I added them to the TEXTURE1 lump and the Patch Table. The problem is, that in ZDoom, they come up as checkers, since they are "missing", but in Doom Builder 2, they're fine! Here's what I think is wrong: When I add them to the Patch Table, (PNAMES, right?) I check but they're not there! I'm desperate! The Quake textures can make my maps have more variety to them!

The Doomist said:

So I have Quake 1 textures that I added into my Doom2.wad (just to save space), I put them under the MAP32 BLOCKMAP lump using SLADE3, and then I added them to the TEXTURE1 lump and the Patch Table. The problem is, that in ZDoom, they come up as checkers, since they are "missing", but in Doom Builder 2, they're fine! Here's what I think is wrong: When I add them to the Patch Table, (PNAMES, right?) I check but they're not there! I'm desperate! The Quake textures can make my maps have more variety to them!

Wait, you did what?!

Never, ever, ever do anything to your IWADs. Ever. The point of a PWAD is that you don't have to mess with the IWAD to make a map or a mod.

Replace your doom2.wad with an original copy, then put the textures into your PWAD properly, and then see if it works. Only then, if it still doesn't work, should you ask again.

Woolie Wool said:

Wait, you did what?!

Never, ever, ever do anything to your IWADs. Ever. The point of a PWAD is that you don't have to mess with the IWAD to make a map or a mod.

Replace your doom2.wad with an original copy, then put the textures into your PWAD properly, and then see if it works. Only then, if it still doesn't work, should you ask again.

Woops! I guess I shouldn't of done that! How do I put all my maps into one WAD? I'm still making my maps, too, so can I also keep adding to it?
Oh, and Obsidian, I already checked that. That's how I found out how to import textures.

I usually make a copy of my IWAD before editing it just to be on the safe side, thought that this little bit of information may be of use in the future.

I prefer to avoid editing the IWAD, it's an inappropriate base for submissions to the archive.

The Doomist said:

How do I put all my maps into one WAD? I'm still making my maps, too, so can I also keep adding to it?

Doom Builder 2 has a "Save Map Into" option, though that won't help much if they're all MAP01. An alternative is to use Slade to copy/paste maps from wad to wad, renaming the map markers when necessary. Just make sure you copy everything from the map marker down to the BLOCKMAP/SCRIPTS lump (depending on the mode you're mapping in) and don't paste them within another map's set of lumps.

There is an option in DB2 that allows you to change what map number your level is. So, if they are all MAP01 then go into the map preferences dialogue and change it to whatever map you want and then use the 'Save Map Into' option this will add the map into the wad file you pick.

Dave