Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Playstation Doom Soundtrack Officially Released

I feel ashamed missing his thread being such a huge fan of dark ambient, but it seems everything that i thought of was asked already. Can't wait to listen to his uncut releases!

PS1 Final Doom, Doom 64, Quake 64, Quake 2 64 and DC Quake Arena are also getting their albums released in time.

Nice one! Thank you! Wow, he gave them all cool names, not embarrassing ones that sounded like an eight-year-old thought of them! :P

EDIT: The ending theme with no voice! Yes!

Love the PSX Doom soundtrack, very deep and haunting.

The ending theme with no voice is an audio track on PSX Final Doom I think.

There are also a bunch of songs exclusive for PSX Final Doom. I also released the 2002ado soundtrack on to CD Baby for digital download which includes new versions of E1M1, E1M8 and E3M1. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/2002adoomodyssey

pcorf said:

The ending theme with no voice is an audio track on PSX Final Doom I think.

Yep, they didn't record demonic voice-over for the ending to the three episodes of PSX Final Doom. So instead it's just the audio track without voice-over and some red text.

It was a kinda half-assed game to be honest.

PSX Doom/Doom II lost 17 maps, gained 8 (6 of them being brand-new), so in total it offered 59 maps to the PC equivalents' 68. It also had a total of 24 songs.

PSX Final Doom/Master Levels lost 55 maps, gained 0, so in total it offered 30 maps to the PC equivalents' 85. Also only feature 10 new songs; and the end game screens are cheaper what with the loss of the voice over from PSX Doom.

Gez said:

Yep, they didn't record demonic voice-over for the ending to the three episodes of PSX Final Doom. So instead it's just the audio track without voice-over and some red text.

It was a kinda half-assed game to be honest.

PSX Doom/Doom II lost 17 maps, gained 8 (6 of them being brand-new), so in total it offered 59 maps to the PC equivalents' 68. It also had a total of 24 songs.

PSX Final Doom/Master Levels lost 55 maps, gained 0, so in total it offered 30 maps to the PC equivalents' 85. Also only feature 10 new songs; and the end game screens are cheaper what with the loss of the voice over from PSX Doom.

Yeah. And in PSX Doom some of the levels were heavily cut down (such as Spawning Vats) and Hell Keep was a new map from scratch too. Maps that were removed often contained lots of details or enemies fighting at once such as Downtown and Industrial Area. Luckily the entire layout Inmost Dens was retained on PSX Doom as well as Suburbs. Best original level in PSX Doom was probably Twilight Descends.

pcorf said:

Yeah. And in PSX Doom some of the levels were heavily cut down (such as Spawning Vats)

That's because they unfortunately based their port on the Jaguar port instead of the original PC levels. Once you get out of the levels present in the Jaguar version, it starts to look a lot better. The Jaguar had much tighter limits and other problems (no transparent midtextures for example), that's why these levels look so much worse than the PC version.

I do not miss any of the maps which were cut. I've played, or seen, most of them, and while it's not fair to judge maps I haven't beaten from scratch I honestly could not care less about them from what I've seen.

I'm somewhat looking forward to seeing the PSX Lost Levels TC, but honestly... Industrial Zone? The Chasm? Even with the upgraded music and sound effects, I'll probably have to take morphine before playing them ;)

Sweet! Two questions.

1. Are there any samples of all of these soundtracks? Also, I hope they're like the original DOOM for DOS with better sounds (FM MIDI = bleh).

2. Will they be buyable on Amazon.com (USA)?

Thankyou in advance. :)

You can listen to all of them directly on Bandcamp. Streaming is free (but you only get to listen to lowish fi MP3; whereas when you buy it you can download it as lossless FLAC).

The music is sample-based, and definitely not FM-based. It's also completely different from the PC Doom music.

You know what, just go here and start listening.

Gez said:

You can listen to all of them directly on Bandcamp. Streaming is free (but you only get to listen to lowish fi MP3; whereas when you buy it you can download it as lossless FLAC).

The music is sample-based, and definitely not FM-based. It's also completely different from the PC Doom music.

You know what, just go here and start listening.

Oh, they're different from the original DOOM soundtracks? Nevermind then. :(

ant said:

Oh, they're different from the original DOOM soundtracks? Nevermind then. :(

More information that the rock you've been living under might have occluded you from: NASA sent a robot to Mars, a part-black guy became The President of the United States, Saddam Hussein was captured and executed, Concorde was retired, the Space Shuttle program was retired, Michael Jackson died.

DoomUK said:

More information that the rock you've been living under might have occluded you from: NASA sent a robot to Mars, a part-black guy became The President of the United States, Saddam Hussein was captured and executed, Concorde was retired, the Space Shuttle program was retired, Michael Jackson died.

Uh, thanks. I don't do video game consoles. I haven't owned one since Atari 2600. :P

ant said:

Uh, thanks. I don't do video game consoles. I haven't owned one since Atari 2600. :P

Fair enough, but I don't see how it's possible to spend 11 years on Doomworld and escape all knowledge of PSX Doom's soundtrack being different. It's not like this notable aspect of a popular Doom port doesn't get discussed often. :p

Existence is wretched without the PSX music :P

How could you NOT know it was different!! You do know the Jaguar and N64 music was also different, and the N64 had different graphics?? :D

PSX Doom was officially the first version of the game i owned (not the first i played however).

The ambient tracks really came as a nice surprise, especially in setting the atmosphere of the game. It's great news to know that i can obtain the originals now, the tracks really influenced my work with map design.

DoomUK said:

Fair enough, but I don't see how it's possible to spend 11 years on Doomworld and escape all knowledge of PSX Doom's soundtrack being different. It's not like this notable aspect of a popular Doom port doesn't get discussed often. :p

I don't visit Doomworld often.

First time hearing it, and wow, this was in a Doom game?

It sounds more appropriate for Quake but it's cool.

Does anyone remember the actual CD audio tracks that were on the original Playstation Doom Disc. When you put the disc in a regular CD player there was I think 9 tracks. The Club Doom track was a part of that CD audio track...

When i was in boarding school we had a PSX at 1998 i spend hours by playing doom at evening in the Darkness. Man how wonderful memories. :-/

The only thing what sucks on the PSX version is the slow Turn with the gamepad. compared with the PC-version you hard to play it complete different.

Or was is playable with the PSX-Mouse ? would make sense.

@Gho$tMan612 They were playable by a CD-Player on a Hifi-system. Like many others PSX Games too.

So if u can get a Copy of the Game and still have a CD-player then enjoy.

On 3/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, Faustrecht said:

When i was in boarding school we had a PSX at 1998 i spend hours by playing doom at evening in the Darkness. Man how wonderful memories. :-/

The only thing what sucks on the PSX version is the slow Turn with the gamepad. compared with the PC-version you hard to play it complete different.

Or was is playable with the PSX-Mouse ? would make sense.

@Gho$tMan612 They were playable by a CD-Player on a Hifi-system. Like many others PSX Games too.

So if u can get a Copy of the Game and still have a CD-player then enjoy.

Only Final Doom is compatible with the mouse iirc.