Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eargosedown

So... how did you get your custom title?

Possibly my favorite aspect of Doomworld is the way custom user titles are handed out. A few of them are quite funny, but others seem very odd.

So, share the story! I'm interested in hearing some of the doomworld forum history =)

I haven't done anything too stupid yet, hence why I don't have a custom title.

Although the reason I've managed to go without doing something stupid has more to do with me being a relatively new member, and less with any kind of self-control on my part.

It seems the unequivocal sooth and salubrity of my posts earned me my title. That and there being 2000 of them.

According to my profile, I'm a few posts away from being ascribed the mantle of "Spammer". It's a bit of an anti-climax.

Obsidian said:

I wonder how often Mord hands out custom titles.

He usually just resets whatever we give him when he's not looking.

On a thread similar to this, I said pretty much exactly what my title is. Just replace "my" with "someones"

A few seconds after posting, I thought "Huh, I probably baited someone into changing my title"...and sure enough it changed. For over a year now (I think its been that long) I get amused every time I see my own title.

It's an indication that I post too much on this forum and/or have been here too long.

Oh wait, this isn't helping...

Phobus said:

Your avatar should clue you in on the "why" :P

Yes, but it's not entirely accurate: I like most butts.

I won a forum contest, I think it was something like guess the map name from ambiguous screenshots. It might have been something else though, I can't remember really.

Before the avatar system was fixed, Lüt embedded my custom avatar in my title. After my avatar was properly set, someone set my title to be empty to clear the embedded avatar. I think this is why I have no title. Whatever the reason, I like the minimalist look.

Mine was requested in a random "request custom titles here" thread. Given the state of the Castlevania series as of late, I really am starting to regret the title. =P

There was a mass defection from ND in 2003 when Phoebus got ban happy. I wandered over here to talk to some of the guys and was offered a custom title. It mirrors the one I set for myself on ND in 2002. Some of us over there used to use the place like a chat room and thus we had something like 20,000 posts.