Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Obsidian

As you may have noticed, I am currently sporting the snazzy "Ghost Fish" avatar. I've used it for a while now, but now I'm feeling a yearning for a fish of my own. Could someone run up a nice little custom fish for me please? I'm thinking a purpley-black fish with an evil grin, animated if possible.

EDIT: If I end up having to make my own one, can someone show me how to do animated gifs? :)

Obsidian said:

Who makes the fish avatars around here anyway?

Whoever happens to be in the mood to do so.

188DarkRevived said:

Search for someone on DeviantArt. Tons of artists there. They fulfilled plenty of my requests back when I had an account there. *sigh*

Okay, thanks. Is there anyone in particular I can look for when it comes to Pinkfish-esque avatars?

darknation said:

do you know what a fish looks like? why not google some pictures of fish to give you some ideas.

I meant the sort of program I need to use and stuff like that. I'm guessing you start off with the regular Pinkfish and then start tinkering with it, but I don't know what the best program is and, more importantly, I don't have that much artistic ability. This will be a sloooow and agonising process, I promise you.

darknation said:

I recommend photoshop and four years at college. failing that, MSpaint can also give spectacular results in very little time.

I saw what Deathz0r did with it, somehow it doesn't appeal to me. X-D

Obsidian said:

I meant the sort of program I need to use and stuff like that.

GIMP or GimpShop should do quite nicely if you can't justify the cost of Photoshop. Should you start suffering feature overload syndrome from using a high-end editor, a simpler bitmap editor like GrafX2 might appeal to you. If you decide to try your hand at animation this little freeware GIF animator will come in handy, that's what I used to assemble my avatar. Apart from being an image viewer IrfanView has many useful graphics manipulation functions, I use it regularly alongside other programs - including the much reviled MSpaint.

I don't have that much artistic ability. This will be a sloooow and agonising process, I promise you.

Neither have I, but I haven't let that stop me. Think of it as self-education.

Ummmm...argh, just doesn't suit me. I think I'll edit my above post the Tails doll was a bad idea. Thanks anyway man. :)

darknation said:

stop being lazy and do it yourself.

I've never quite figured out what the silhouette in your avatar is supposed to be.

Obsidian said:

Okay, thanks. Is there anyone in particular I can look for when it comes to Pinkfish-esque avatars?

Well, I'm pretty sure that you'll get at least a couple of results if you type "fish digital art" into the searchbar there.
And if you click on the results then you can eventually get to the artist's profile which usually mentions the contact details.
I've never searched for that particular combination of words before, but DA has never let me down on anything else that I ever searched for.