Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valhallaist

Youtube Doom playthrough

Hi

I'm looking to find some maps that I can play and record for youtube. If you're interested then show me your maps. They can be good or crap. My username is MrHellspore2.

If you want to send a map, then read these rules first:

1. Medium to short - if it is too long then I might not be able to finish it.

2. Single maps - If you send a megawad I'll probably just play the first map, unless each map is very short and easy.

3. Not too hard. I'm no Doom pro and if I keep getting pulverized I might be tempted to give up or cheat.

4. Playable on zdoom or skulltag.

5. No Gzdoom maps since it screws with my laptop

6. I'm all for old school, but new features, monsters and effects preferred :)

7. Nothing that is intended to be a slaughter map, as those are the type I'll keep dying in and become repetitive.

8. Any look is accepted, but I have a special love for hellish maps :)

valhallaist said:

I gotta say, I'm really digging your expressive play style. Like, when you're panicked, you can see it. And when you cautiously edged toward that medikit, stopped, then bolted for it, I could really relate. Same with the SSG - I practically cheered for you.

That said, I was cringing at my laptop near the end of part 3. You know the part, where you were looking for the last button. Not that I haven't had those moments myself, heh. :)

schwerpunk said:

I gotta say, I'm really digging your expressive play style. Like, when you're panicked, you can see it. And when you cautiously edged toward that medikit, stopped, then bolted for it, I could really relate. Same with the SSG - I practically cheered for you.

That said, I was cringing at my laptop near the end of part 3. You know the part, where you were looking for the last button. Not that I haven't had those moments myself, heh. :)

LOL, it depends a lot on the type of map it is. This was one of those that kept the ammo critically low, while giving you stronger enemies to deal with, as well as some unforgiving monster placement. This forces a player like me to use stealth a lot more. It would have been way easier to deal with that archvile with the ssg, but I got it much later. Switch hunts aren't my forte either :p

I giggled seeing your reaction to the surround-pseudo E1M8 trap leading from the LITE3/5 teleport.

I would also recommend my E2 series: Stoned, Iconic, Abyssus, Maledictio and Tormentum.

If you seek more of my maps other than what I picked out, check my signature.

Thanks for posting this! Give it a go on a different skill setting. Ultra Violent is meant for those slaughter map freaks who complain about WADs being too easy and thus too boring. Hurt Me Plenty plays much more like classic Doom Ultra Violence.

Damn, i like this idea a lot, but looks like he hasnt been doing it for over a year - didn't notice this was a bump. I like the idea of doing youtube playthroughs though.

@Doomkid: A year? What are you talking about I was just gonna leave it till next week...oh wait, you're right. -__-'

Sorry everyone, life happened and I totally neglected this. However, I intend to continue with this as much as I can. Starting with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYnuyDkj6u8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMxQVHeYFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9fhwCFQ_FU

Egregor said:

Thanks for posting this! Give it a go on a different skill setting. Ultra Violent is meant for those slaughter map freaks who complain about WADs being too easy and thus too boring. Hurt Me Plenty plays much more like classic Doom Ultra Violence.

Tried again on lesser difficulty. Finished it this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9SoD3tdvos&list=PL6gDeESzsHNfHa7t7aj9ZwVVmdRlMTGkm&index=12