Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think I took closer to an hour than 30 minutes, due to all the texture alignment that had to be done, but still, here.

It's piss-easy and there's no difficulty balancing, but there you are. Should be vanilla-compatible, since Visplane Explorer's pretty happy with it, but since I tested it in PrBoom+, I make no guarantees.

@memfis and Phml
to be honest, this isn't exactly a serious megawad, just a nice breather from other projects to come up with short and simple maps :) would be nice to see a megawad of these and they would be fun to speedrun as well :)

TinyPhml2

Boom compatible. Genuine attempt this time, but way over limit (about 70 minutes all in all, 50 minutes if you exclude playtesting). I'd keep adjusting things, but stopping everything once the map is at a point where gameplay isn't utter crap anymore is more in spirit with the time limit. 30 minutes just isn't enough for me, should've figured out a clever one room fight and stuck at that.

Phml said:

Crushed

Boom compatible. 29 minutes, everything included.

This is pretty clever.

I don't think I've ever realized how obnoxious most monsters knockback can get until now. Flipping Chaingunners...

Nice. Didn't expect that ending at all. Actually, I thought the map was "bugged" and IDDTing only reinforced that misconception, heh. :)

Eris Falling said:

Crap.wad
Took half an hour, Boom compatible, reminiscent of 1994.

Despite the 7000 wasted segs ;D

Also Phml your creativity is very entertaining =)

walter confalonieri said:

http://speedy.sh/ncWwr/fast-city.wad

35 minutes, plus 30 minutes of testing and add things and stuff...

The moving texture on the wall near the end is bugged. Specifically, one part of the "tube" animates way faster than the rest. Not sure if that's an error or GZDoom bugging.

Not sure why that tube is in an almost-bottomless pit, either.

some of these maps are way too nice looking (compared to my effort). Does make me wonder if I could do a map a day for a month and make a megawad though.

mouldy said:

some of these maps are way too nice looking (compared to my effort). Does make me wonder if I could do a map a day for a month and make a megawad though.

No, since there's a maximum of thirty-one days in a month, and a full megawad is thirty-two maps.

(empty) said:

The moving texture on the wall near the end is bugged. Specifically, one part of the "tube" animates way faster than the rest. Not sure if that's an error or GZDoom bugging.

Not sure why that tube is in an almost-bottomless pit, either.

Ok, fixed: http://speedy.sh/7zERP/fast-city2.wad

Also, i've checked out and we've got 28 maps so far! (29 if we include the memfis little room-style map...

I really enjoyed Crushed. Very simply concept with nerve-wracking gameplay. Currently trying to come up with a good single room design and see if I can finally finish a map in 30 mins.

If we do go for a proper MegaWAD, I wouldn't mind a few more minutes to decide on a quick MIDI and title for my map before it gets tossed in.

Did much better this time. Spent 30 minutes designing and throwing in guys, then about ten minutes tweaking/playtesting. Doing only one room really helps to concentrate your effort. I really like the idea I have going for this level, and I think I might make an enhanced version for something like Slaughterfest '13.

Music from pcorf of course. vanilla compat.

Download Scorched.