Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ribbiks

cg.wad: mini challenge map

'mini' is probably a poor choice of adjective to describe the map. It's possible to max on HMP and below, I think it's uv-maxable, but on my laptop the fps is too low to fully test it.

there's not a whole lot to look at, but here's a screenshot anyways. hurray aliasing!

download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?53rwptj3r5rm014

have.... fun?

rofl I think I managed to press 3 switches but now the game is so slow the screen updates like once in a minute. I'll leave the game open, go do some other stuff and see what happens then.
edit: do you think you could reduce the lag by making the monsters explode like lost souls? (like TOD did here)

Ok, so there are only 5000 monsters left but it still lags as hell and it seems that my invuln sphere is starting to wear off. I think I'm screwed. :D
edit: 1000 monsters left, still slow as hell, even if I don't look at the corpses. I think you really should implement that lost soul explosion thing.

Memfis said:

rofl I think I managed to press 3 switches but now the game is so slow the screen updates like once in a minute.

I experienced this too. It's strange because I actually killed almost everything on UV by waiting at the start (it's a safe spot), and it was possible to move around the room even if very laggy. But everything completely froze after using that switch.

edit: Looked at in the editor. Apparently that mystery switch is a crusher trigger for most of the level. That certainly would explain the slowdown <.<

Memfis said:

I think you really should implement that lost soul explosion thing.

if I recall correctly don't crushed lost souls still leave a mess behind?

I'll try it anyways just to see if it helps though.