Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John Smith

Cacowards 2012 nomination thread

Eriance intends to make a finalized release of the first two episodes. Therefore I don't believe the current version should be counted as a full release, cuz it isn't.

11th hour post, but Revenant100's Minor Sprite Fixing mod for 'best mod' award. It's not ground breaking, but it does seem to be complete now that it also includes Doom/Ultimate Doom, and by placing it in the Cacowards it would solidify this long overdue MOD as a staple of the community. It really does help smooth out the animations and keeps the enemies from strange sprite shifting.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/62403-doom-2-minor-sprite-fixing-project-v1-1-release/

For a late but very good entry - Winters Fury by Starscream aka Pyroscourge.

For longest development time, DTST.

Hey, Turbo-Charged arcade was released, what, the day before the Cacowards? Maybe even closer. Still won.

Hobbs hasn't posted since January. D: Is someone else writing the awards this year, or has he just not had a reason to post, or...?

Captain Ventris said:

Hobbs hasn't posted since January. D: Is someone else writing the awards this year, or has he just not had a reason to post, or...?

When I look up Hobbs, he's a banned user, who hasn't posted since 2007... What's going on?

Uh, the first poster in this thread is not Hobbs. Nope, not at all.

I don't know the specifics, but I'm talkin' about the thread starter.

Deathmatcher said:

When I look up Hobbs, he's a banned user, who hasn't posted since 2007... What's going on?

John Smith is the same user, just a different profile. I think the context of Hobbs being banned was that he was 'leaving the community with a bye-bye thread', and that used to be construed as an auto-ban. That was how I saw it, heh.

Joshy said:

John Smith is the same user, just a different profile. I think the context of Hobbs being banned was that he was 'leaving the community with a bye-bye thread', and that used to be construed as an auto-ban. That was how I saw it, heh.

Specifically...

Well, it is now coming up for 17:00 in the UK, still no Cacowards :0

Mancubus II said:

This stuff is usually on western hemisphere time, and doom was released on western hemisphere time anyway.

That said, unfortunately the person who was put in charge of these decided to be done with doom without actually handing anything off. Normally it's a case of finding someone to post them, but they're always written and ready to go by a deadline. Chances are GreyGhost is more accurate than I would like to admit. We may not have a proper cacowards this year...

Surely someone else can do it if Hobbs isn't going too, considering the awards last year were written by several people it shouldnt have to be just relied on one person...
It may be later than usual but as long as it's done, it's essentialy just a newstuff chronicles but tarted up anyway.

vinnie245 said:

Surely someone else can do it if Hobbs isn't going too, considering the awards last year were written by several people it shouldnt have to be just relied on one person...
It may be later than usual but as long as it's done, it's essentialy just a newstuff chronicles but tarted up anyway.

I, politely, agree. So many good author's have worked too hard this year, to not be recognized.