Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KoolKat

Website for GIjOE TC is done!

Heh, aren't some of those weapon sprites from DoD?

Liam the Bard said:

Yeah, I checked out the site a few days ago, someone in general linked to it (you?). If I played half life I would download it, hell if it was a SP mod I'd install Half Life just for it.

DoD? No, all are hand made, from the design of some GIjOE guns that are in my collection.

I'm working on making level one (Omaha Beach) look better, then I'll make some screens of it.

Would be nice if the site was a little bit more complete, but oh well.

Oh, and that marine smiling graphic looks modified; how did you get his eyes to look different?

Weedster said:

how did you get his eyes to look different?

MS-Paint perhaps?

Meh, I wish my school taught something valuable, like HTML, instead of this gay HOW TO ENTER A FUNCTION INTO A SPREADSHEET!!! bullshit.

Archvile64 said:

Meh, I wish my school taught something valuable, like HTML, instead of this gay HOW TO ENTER A FUNCTION INTO A SPREADSHEET!!! bullshit.

Thank GOD my school will have a webmastering course next year, but sadly, I won't be in it :(

Lüt (wow, I actually know the ASCII): I meant, what method.

Photoshop owns, BTW ;)

I cant remember what to doom mugs I combined but it was MS Paint. :) The site isn't complete because the TC isn't developed enough to get pics. It's at a halt right now 'cause I'm working on some graphics for another guy.

Why not take some angle shots of the small action figures in front of a solid background, magic wand and delete the background color in Photoshop or some other graphic editing tool, and have it done like that?

That is, if you're planning to use that sort of method.

Oh. Well, are you going to give us a preview of what things will be like by releasing the first level when it's done? I'd like to see it's progress.

That was the plan. I will release a version with Level 1 & a weapon or two, plus an enemy.

Doom II Guy said:

Nice. How long do you think that will take? Not rushing you or anything.

I'm finished detailing the boat shadows which change in the game with RTS. :P I still need to make the beach and bunkers, plus some trenches in back. This is my first project so I'm not sure how long it will take. It shouldn't be more than a month but I'm not promising anything. Also I have to finish player and enemy #1 sprites, get some pictures of real M1 Carbine and M1 Garand, I have that lined up. (I have located the rifles and should be able to take pictures.) And with the pictures I can take many, making smooth and detailed reloading frames.