Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

Need Some Opinions...

Thanks a lot, I got it to work. I must say, everything lights up beautifully! I was amazed at how good everything looked (especially the room with the torches). Great job.

Glad it works! Getting stuff online only for people to diss it cuz they can't get Jdoom working is so damn frustrating!
Well, at least that's one more happy customer :)

However, so far I did catch a tiny error. One of the ammo boxes is into a wall so it can't be picked up. Also, another wierd thing that happened to me is that I got stuck to the wall right when I killed an enemy and couldn't move! Oh well, I'm sure that won't happen again anyway.

Woah, which map was that on? I've play-tested em thoroughly, and never encountered anything like that...

Well, it was on the first map. I'm sure getting stuck was just a freak accident. However, the ammo box was messed up. I'll check it out again today and I'll let you know.

I think i know where it is, too... small dark corridor with sections of tekwall, and a couple of shotgun and chaingun zombies...?
I knew i forgot to do something... murr.

I am such an idiot :) I must have had full shotgun ammo last time because I just picked it up this time. It is merged with the wall though. It's right after you get across the stones that stick up, and you get into the new room and open up the door. After you kill a few shotgun zombies, there it is. It wouldn't be hard to fix at all. Nor is it such a big deal, just thought you'd want to know.

Yeah, it was the part i was thinking of.
I'll make sure i fix it for the 10-level episode release. Cheers dude - i'll make a mental note to send you a couple of levels for playtesting when we finish em.

Awesome, thanks. I'll continue playtesting these 5 (5, right?) levels and let you know what I think or if there are any more errors.

Nice one mate, u wouldn't believe it but it's a huge help.
Yep there are 5 levels in that wad :
1)Portal of Hades
2)Blood Keep
3)River Phlegethon
4)Lethe
5)Depths of Cocytus

Happy testing!

I was thinking. Maybe (if at all possible)... you can make a 32 level wad! That would be great. But I don't know how long you'd want to work on these levels, seeing that it would take a long time.

Yeah, it was originally gonna be 10, but we thought 'what the hell' and we'll be working on new ideas as soon as the others are finished.
Portal of Hades (01) is on Earth, Blood Keep to Palace of Hades (02-10) are set in the Underworld of Hades, and from then onwards you're back on Earth, travelling from Athens across Europe until you get to England...
Should be fun :)

I looked in his profile but it wasn't listed. He only has ICQ and I haven't downloaded that for my new computer yet.

Doom II Guy said:

He only has ICQ and I haven't downloaded that for my new computer yet.

Well, you're making the right choice there...

But why not just email him or something?

Dude, pick up a copy of icq from their site. it'll make things ten times easier.
Besides Weedster, we're workin up the posts :)

yeah, it's on my TO-DO list. Like I said, with my new computer I just haven't gotten around to DLing it (it was on my old comp). Anyway, back to your levels. This rarely happens to me, but after I got the red keycard (first level), I had no idea where to go! I looked for like 10 minutes and then I had to eat so I just turned off the game. Any help?

Ok,after you get the red key, go back up to the containment area bit (with all the crates). Near the back of that room you'll find the red door flanked by baphomet carvings.
The yellow key is in there (with a nasty surprise too :))
From there you go back to the red-cross/torch room. the rest is pretty straightforward i think...
Good luck mate.