Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CodeImp

My other project now has a demo video

See this video that actually shows a bit of our game! Don't forget to set the quality to HD (720p).

We are still in an early phase of our project (pre-alpha) which means we have a very long way to go, but a video like this is always good to show other people what we have and to align new team members in the right direction. Also Rex Claussen is on the team to do some level design.

The maps in the video are missing a lot of detail (some walls are even solid color) have a lot of texture misalignments and placeholder materials. But this video is just to give an impression of our work so far. Also there is no in-game sound or music yet. Music excerpt borrowed from Total Recall and solely intended to give an impression. This will all be done right later on.

Oh and the maps are made with a modified Doom Builder ;)

This game is on IndieDB here http://www.indiedb.com/games/rampagem and the website is http://www.rampagem.com/

Looks excellent CodeImp. Reminiscent of the old 32-bit game Loaded, which was pretty fun with another person. Glad to hear about multiplayer support.

Looks pretty cool, reminds me of those Alien Breed remakes. The name is rather lackluster, though ;)

So it using a modified version of DB2, will it have good modding features?

Looks like this is shaping up to be the kind of game I'll relentlessly pester my friends to play with me. :)

Going to echo boris' question as well.

No there won't be modding features (not officially though). I have considered it, but it already takes us a _lot_ of time to make this game (since most of us work fulltime and just work on this project in spare time) and making everything userfriendly enough to allow mods takes even more time. Maybe at some point it will go open source, or I will release just the level editor.

We do keep an option open for expansion packs. If for some odd reason the game gets popular, we can at least make extras to play.

PRIMEVAL: Thanks. We're really not ready to get into music just yet, but I'll save your links for us to check out later.

Looking nice. Something that I was missing was shadows from the flashlight, but that's probably just not implemented yet?

Yes, I'm definitely still going to try shadows for the flashlight. But these are one of the most costly things to do (performance wise) so I'm not entire sure yet if it will be in there.

So I guess this is sort of a revival of the Hellbent project?

I do hope you decide to make it moddable. Even if it's just as much as releasing the level editor and tools.

Now, in what way does this differ from Shadowgrounds or Alien Breed?

CodeImp said:

Yes, I'm definitely still going to try shadows for the flashlight. But these are one of the most costly things to do (performance wise) so I'm not entire sure yet if it will be in there.

Perhaps make it optional and add multiple options for how detailed it can be (sorta like Unreal 227 patch with its shadows).

Hellbent was really a school project, but fun and educational nonetheless. I could have made a proper game out of it maybe, but at the time didn't have knowledge, experience and skill set to make it anything like Rampage M.

Now, in what way does this differ from Shadowgrounds or Alien Breed?

I have played both, but just to get a sense of what game it is, I don't know them is detail to tell you exactly what the differences are. They are the same genre, same type of game, but we are just going to do it the way we would like to see it, not copying any of these. And if some things happen to be the same then so be it, but chances that the whole game will be identical to any other are slim.

Awesome stuff! Rex as mapper as well? I'll keep an eye on this one, I also quite like that control system style of play. Good luck.

My first thought was it looks like Alien Swarm. Could be fun, AS was (just needed more maps!)

Well, it's your game and I'm not going to tell you how to develop it. Just seems a bit of a shame, considering you seem to be pitching this as an Indie game and are presumably hoping to make a bit of money out of it? This seems like something that could work really well on a tablet device (touch screen D-Pad + second hand to direct your firing). I can see a game like this selling quite well on mobile.

But, this isn't something we need to make money off. Also, on a mobile device we are much more limited (memory, performance, graphical effects, etc).

Someone else port it to mobile then give codeimp an agreed percentage of each sale. Do BIDNESS up in these internets yo. Word.