Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plut

Whitemare demopack [-complevel 2]

It's amusing how this "sticking door" mapping trick came to be associated with MM2 (July '96), when Return to Phobos (Aug '94) had a much better - not nearly as annoying - implementation of it on its E1M5.

Heh, I tried that wad sometime ago but got stuck on e1m2 (didn't know that it needs -complevel 0) and that turned me off. I guess I'll try it again.

Zahid said:

Whole Game or just map or wad?:+

kinda the whole game tobe honest, but there's a flood in my town, and its prohibited to leave houses for today, rained like 2days in a row gz

can some decent player now check this map and tell me if the time is fair or not? I always wondered how much time I lose for my bad movement skill and my crappy hotkey settings. I included ALL the faster exits each time (45min~ since my FDA) just to have an idea.
also, why in some case I got trapped? some walk line trigger failed?

wm31-1-54**
uv max-pacifist (gz no enemies)

edit:oh wow, in this last demo the door failed for 2-3s

wm31-154.zip

wm31 uvmax 01:44

what an idiot am I, I was sure the first switch was mandatory for the lift.. I didnt see ribbiks speed demo and revved map10 max neither...
to me the most annoying part of the run is the strafe diagonal near the exit, I fail most there.

wm13 uvmax 06:19
not bad as map...

btw I'll probably make map15 and 08 (ive to check this still...), but I'll not consider map12 and 14 due to secret or weirdo rising platforms stuff.. didnt get those. (yea well, no patience for that now)

also, can someone give a try on map16? I clear most of the enemies, reach the top of the platform, but I found it nasty to try rocket romera for the crowd downside. maybe i was just unlucky?

wm13&31.zip

map 16 in 2:10

I also have map 13 in 5:52, but an intercepts overflow is triggered early on. I don't know if I should redo it or what, it seems like intercepts overflows occur more often than not there.

wm16-210.zip

guess I'll add this piece of crap too. The map just isn't interesting enough to justify playing it more, even though sub 30 seconds is possible.

map 10 in 0:32

wm10-032.zip

NoobBait said:

map 16 in 2:10

I also have map 13 in 5:52, but an intercepts overflow is triggered early on. I don't know if I should redo it or what, it seems like intercepts overflows occur more often than not there.

yea i had it several times too in map13

wiping romero with bfg splash is certainly easier... thanks for showing :P

Map 16 and 31 done nicely done here blob and noobait,its rare you to see you out of max category blob;p
i think these speed demos are more difficult in some ways than max,no time to think or plan:/
memfis would go for map 8,i'll see if can make a decent run of map 12 hate to climb ledges though map 14 and 15 are too complex for me my clumsy mind:>
map 13 is >6 possible easily,and i think it uses complvl 9...

Zahid said:

map 13 is >6 possible easily,and i think it uses complvl 9...

does it? let me know cus I may improve it then

ultramegarotfl
map16 in 02:09
i was about to abort and then I wanted to check how hard would be to target it bfg-less. the ending looks TAS-like

first exit, i try after dinner

wm16-209.zip

MAP15 UV-Speed in 0:43

Also I'm not sure if 100% kills is possible. I can never get 3 of the cacos to spawn for the ending battle.

wm15-043.zip

NoobBait said:

MAP15 UV-Speed in 0:43

Also I'm not sure if 100% kills is possible. I can never get 3 of the cacos to spawn for the ending battle.

exactly, this is my first attempt in recording here, I was mostly worrying about triggering every spawn, but still 3 cacos didnt teleport in.
I assume then this is the max kill reachable, and alas uv-max has -3 max kill count I'd say

map15 in 19:22 (will improve today I guess)

obsolete, check next reply

wm15-1922.zip

blob1024 said:

I assume then this is the max kill reachable, and alas uv-max has -3 max kill count I'd say

Confirmed: 3 cacos can't teleport to sector 390 because there are no teleport destination things.

I'll be done with my exams on monday and then I'll concentrate on map08 max.

map15
uv max 14:48 (secret exit also, stupid jump :) and "cack" monsters on cliffs & utterly annoying staircases near platforms...)

nice so i leave map08, I forgot if I didnt know secrets in the other 2 levels or why I didnt try to record for those... I'll look again

edit: okay Im wrong, only map14 left, and that teleporters trick room just... ZzzZz maybe im too stupid or impatient. I got to the zerk pack but not to the switches

go for both maps memf0 :p

wm15-1448.zip