Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PRIMEVAL

Elementary School Shooting

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school/?hpt=hp_t1

http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc-police-responding-to-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,3969911.story

Twenty-seven people, including 18 children, have been killed in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, according to the Associated Press.

This is horrible... I'm at a loss for words here...

If all these wannabe shooters were flown all-expenses paid to Greece and sent out to take down as many illegal aliens, criminals and austerity politicians as they can off the street, thus venting while putting their ammo to good use, our problems would be solved.

I normally tend to stay fairly quiet about stuff like this, but holy shit, I can't think of a more disturbing place to start a shooting than an elementary school. What the fuck?

Maes said:

If all these wannabe shooters were flown all-expenses paid to Greece and sent out to take down as many illegal aliens, criminals and austerity politicians as they can off the street, thus venting while putting their ammo to good use, our problems would be solved.

Oh no, the Golden Dawn got to you too?

Maes said:

I'd let them run riot in the halls of the EU - try and get to the real source of the problem. The British Houses of Parliament would also be high on my list of "if only the shooters would go here instead".

Phobus said:

I'd let them run riot in the halls of the EU - try and get to the real source of the problem. The British Houses of Parliament would also be high on my list of "if only the shooters would go here instead".

Why go after the middle men? Try the boardroom of Goldman Sachs instead.

This is my usual response to every shooting, even though it's from 2009.

And, of course, someone saying that murder is fine if it's against people they don't like one post into the thread.

Thank you Maes, you are an exemplary human being.

Technician said:

Oh no, the Golden Dawn got to you too?

Well, the Albanians with AK-47s would give even less of a fuck than he does and certainly give him a run for his money if that'd make you feel better.

(empty) said:

This is my usual response to every shooting, even though it's from 2009.

thank you, already used it elsewhere. the pathological fascination by "villains" IS the driving force for runner-ups, not vidya games and atheism and rock'n'roll music.

(empty) said:

And, of course, someone saying that murder is fine if it's against people they don't like one post into the thread.

Thank you Maes, you are an exemplary human being.

Some of Maes' posts can initially come across as insane or idiotic, but that's just his style that one becomes accustomed to. In this instance I think what he was trying to ask was: "Why don't these shooters pick on someone their own size?".

It still leaves room for improvement, but I don't think he's arguing that murder is ok.

Phobus said:

Gez said:

Why go after the middle men? Try the boardroom of Goldman Sachs instead.

Your rebellious attitude disgusts me. You think you're better with such violent messages.

DoomUK said:

Some of Maes' posts can initially come across as insane or idiotic, but that's just his style that one becomes accustomed to. In this instance I think what he was trying to ask was: "Why don't these shooters pick on someone their own size?".

Politicians, illegal immigrants, and criminals are "their own size"?

In fact if I didn't know any better, I'd say he was trying to use a tragedy that killed eighteen children to whine about his life.

I place mass shooters on the same level as suicidal individuals, with the differece that a mass shooter reserves only the last bullet for himself. In Greece there have been at least 3000 officially acknowledged suicides since the start of the economic crisis, including someone blowing his brains up right in front of the fucking parliament. Wouldn't it be better if he had at least tried to give the head honchos a taste of their own medicine (enriched with lead), before going down, since he has decided to leave this world anyway? It would also make his message stronger: this way, he's just another crisis suicide victim, nothing special. Shooting total innocent bystanders wouldn't "cut the mustard" either, nor gain him support. How about at least firing in the general direction of the kommandatur parliament? The only reason not to do it, in his position, would be if he had no bullets to spare...

If each and every one of those 3000 suicide victims thought like that, they would've made a revolutionary army in disguise.

I just heard about this not too long ago today and I was shocked when I first heard about it. It's really sad that it took place at an elementary school and I feel sorry for the parents that lost their children. We need to place security systems in schools and other areas that can detect firearms so that police an stop the person before he/she goes on a rampage. My condolences go to all the families that lost their children to the killer.

NiTROACTiVE said:

We need to place security systems in schools and other areas that can detect firearms so that police an stop the person before he/she goes on a rampage.

Christ, it's 1999 all over again.

To get back OT...if so many shooters choose to lash out at their schools (maybe it was the shooter's former elementary school?) in the USA, then there must be something fundamentally wrong and negative with the schools themselves, at least for certain individuals.

OK, I've had my bad school days too where I had thoughts of....beating the crap out of someone in particular WITH MY FISTS (even if I rarely followed up), but developing a feeling of generalized resentment vs the entire school, which can't be quenched with nothing short of a mini-genocide? Not a single friend or at least a "least disliked" invidual worthy of redemption? Seriously?

Maes said:

I place mass shooters on the same level as suicidal individuals, with the differece that a mass shooter reserves only the last bullet for himself. In Greece there have been at least 3000 officially acknowledged suicides since the start of the economic crisis, including someone blowing his brains up right in front of the fucking parliament. Wouldn't it be better if he had at least tried to give the head honchos a taste of their own medicine (enriched with lead), before going down, since he has decided to leave this world anyway? It would also make his message stronger: this way, he's just another crisis suicide victim, nothing special. Shooting total innocent bystanders wouldn't "cut the mustard" either, nor gain him support. How about at least firing in the general direction of the kommandatur parliament? The only reason not to do it, in his position, would be if he had no bullets to spare...

If each and every one of those 3000 suicide victims thought like that, they would've made a revolutionary army in disguise.

Wow. You are an awful person.

Like, seriously. Get out of here. You are fucking disgusting.

(empty) said:

Wow. You are an awful person.

Like, seriously. Get out of here. You are fucking disgusting.

To be fair, if we were in the position of Grecian people, we might be thinking the same.

I can never tell with Maes whether he's sincere or trolling. He's a perfect specimen of Poe's Law.

Gez said:

I can never tell with Maes whether he's sincere or trolling. He's a perfect specimen of Poe's Law.

Even if he is, that doesn't redeem him in the slightest.

Cool down, (empty). I'm an acquired taste. If I met you IRL, I probably wouldn't consider you worthy of drinking a glass of water together, so the feeling is kinda mutual, if that'd make you feel better.

I was thinking of asking you to post a rational justification of exactly what part of my post (believing in the individual's right to go down fighting? The right NOT to have to end up having to make such choices?), but when I saw your other posts, I classed you as a spineless petite burgeoise pseudo-moralist, and decided that any attempts at discussion (let alone re-education) would be fruitless. I just wish that you never have to truly fight for anything you value. So stick with my original witty response and, try acquiring that taste.

Maes said:

To get back OT...if so many shooters choose to lash out at their schools (maybe it was the shooter's former elementary school?) in the USA, then there must be something fundamentally wrong and negative with the schools themselves, at least for certain individuals.

Or, they're just tremendously screwed in the head.

Even if someone had bad experiences in school (be that of bullying or whatever), i can't see how this event would've been a justified act in said person's head. Then again, i have no idea what really goes on in the mind of a killer, all i know is that his whole thing is unbelievable.

Perhaps not so unbelievable if everybody chose to be a bit more honest about it...c'mon, you all must have wanted to do something bad to someone "just to put him in his place" or "get your blood back" for some perceived wrongdoing against you, usually something petty as bullying (which is often a many-against-one, thus making the victim rationalize the use of a weapon to overcome numerical inferiority). Usually, this would stop at a broken nose or a black eye, but sometimes, for some individuals, this is not enough.

We're just humans, we all have revenge, payback or "killer fantasies" as any psychiatrist/psychologist can tell you. Most of us do a good job repressing them, suppressing them with rationality or at least letting them simmer internally/sleep over them, and nothing bad happens (usually). But for individuals with less ability to do that (e.g. sociopathic disorders, but also plain immaturity/mental age) it doesn't seem so terrible. I recall an article about sociopathic teen gangsters, they could "ice" someone and not even remember it a week later, when they got arrested.

Edit: I think (empty) must be having some "bad thoughts" right now. Noooo (empty), do not have such thoughts! They are bad, and only horrible persons have them!