Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ralphis

Odamex 0.6.2 Released

Odamex has officially moved to version 0.6.2. While this release is mostly considered a "bug fix" release, it features a number of new features as well. Highlights of the new features include true widescreen support, a competitive warmup mode, and complete Doom/Doom 2 BFG Edition support. Cooperative gameplay has also been greatly improved. There is more to be seen, so check out the Odamex homepage to read the full post and see a short video of these new features in use.

Lizardcommando said:

I didn't even know there was a cooperative scene on Odamex. I might just have to check this out then.

We're hoping to see Cooperative sprout up more in the server list :) I have an av.wad co-op server up. I am willing to take suggestions.

Lizardcommando said:

I didn't even know there was a cooperative scene on Odamex. I might just have to check this out then.

Before 0.6.2, a very naive method of syncing monsters between the server and clients was utilized that resulted in quite a number of desyncs, making the game unplayable for any extended length of time. I took a quick look at it, realized there was a simple fix and implemented it.

At this particular moment, I have a server up that is running the following WADs all in rotation:

• Doom 2
  • Alien Vendetta
  • Coffee Break
  • Epic 2
  • Eternal Doom
  • Hell Revealed
  • Hell Revealed 2
  • Icarus
  • Kama Sutra
  • Memento Mori
  • Memento Mori 2
  • Requiem
  • Scythe
  • Scythe 2
  • Scythe X
  • Speed of Doom
  • Revolution!
  • UAC: Ultra
  • Vanguard
It's kind of nice, because I only have to run one server and players can pick whichever WAD they prefer to play at that moment. I do plan on having servers specific to running Ultimate Doom and Final Doom WADs, but I did not want to make things unfair to players who only have Doom 2 and couldn't join the rotation server if it was running an IWAD they didn't have.

Sign in to follow this