Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pottus said:

MAP19 "Crap?? - By: Eris Falling"

I can't believe you're actually using it! :O

Well, call it Crap Circle then, as a play on Crop Circle.

Waiting for compilation of all these in 1 megawad...
as You guys doing some amazing work:)

Zahid said:

Waiting for compilation of all these in 1 megawad...
as You guys doing some amazing work:)

If you read the other page you'll notice you can download the compilation (as for the time being)

Pottus said:

If you read the other page you'll notice you can download the compilation (as for the time being)

hmm....got it;)
but it would revisited before final release i guess....and map 17's blue key has power to unlock
its door only once it refuses,after door closed once:)
My Main Suggestion would be to increase monster limit from
25 to 50 at-least,as first map of doom2,tnt,plutonia even doom's e1m1
has more monsters than 25.
it will made these maps more interesting i bet:|....

Zahid said:

hmm....got it;)
but it would revisited before final release i guess....and map 17's blue key has power to unlock
its door only once it refuses,after door closed once:)
My Main Suggestion would be to increase monster limit from
25 to 50 at-least,as first map of doom2,tnt,plutonia even doom's e1m1
has more monsters than 25.
it will made these maps more interesting i bet:|....

We've already got 30-some good maps that meet the 25 monster requirement. It seems very counter intuitive to change the rules for one or two maps.

These are the types of maps I love: short, simple, fun maps. No complex puzzles to solve or tedious backtracing to do, not killfests. Really enjoying this thread.

BloodyAcid said:

Admittedly, this took around 40~ minutes, but whatever :P This map is compeltely doable, with around 4-8 shells if you conserve well. Music doesn't matter, coop starts 1-4.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3h9fl4gr5h3gvl3

I think it's kind of late to put anymore in, we'll have to move your submission to the second season unless you don't mind being in the ZDoom levels. (A season lasts about a week lol!)

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I was thinking the next "season" would be, "Map an hour" megawad. Each map is to be made in 1 hr. You guys up for that?

That would probably produce some better MAPS, should also allow an additional 30 minutes for testing/fixes where the first hour is entirely dedicated to construction.

Pottus said:

I think it's kind of late to put anymore in, we'll have to move your submission to the second season unless you don't mind being in the ZDoom levels. (A season lasts about a week lol!)

I'm okay with it :P

I'd probably just produce the same level of quality I already am (whatever level that is), seeing as I'm already taking an hour :P

Just wondering if someone would love to take the time to produce a Title and Intermission pic?

Is there any sort of pattern in difficulty, or the maps in general?

Pottus said:

Just wondering if someone would love to take the time to produce a Title and Intermission pic?

Give me a title for the project and I'll have a go with my non-existent artistic skills at this.

Also, another submission I made out of boredom but somehow forgot about :
http://www.speedyshare.com/JVtqY/bos-easy.zip

It would have made an ideal MAP01, but there's nothing stopping anyone from Pistol-Starting every map.

TheMionicDonut said:

Is there any sort of pattern in difficulty, or the maps in general?

As they're organized, no, not at all. If someone played through them all they could try and organize it by difficulty I guess, but even then you'll have some maps with huge spikes in difficulty. Such is the nature of briefly planned maps.

And next session, one hour sounds like a good idea. I'd even go as far to say one hour design/layout/thing placement and then however much time you need afterwards to tweak it (but not make major changes). That way we get quick levels but ones that are reasonably balanced and look prettier (as texture aligning during the allotted time is kind-of a dumb thing to waste time on, yet really helps a map)

I was thinking the next "season" would be, "Map an hour" megawad. Each map is to be made in 1 hr. You guys up for that?

I think my 30-minute map attempt was probably on track for nearer an hour, so yeah, I'd be up for giving a 60-minute map a go.

Yep, I'll give this a shot too. Maybe I'll do something resulting in a map that takes longer than a minute to get to the exit.

Pottus said:

I was thinking of parodying the 60 Minutes logo, but I don't think my Photoshop skills would be able to make anything decent with that idea, so nothing just yet.

Have a D_DM2TTL, though. Nothing much, just whipped it up in about as long as it'd take to make one of these maps :P

Remember, you ggmork your MAP will be placecd in the ZDoom section because there is already too many maps.

Edit - Tried the map and it doesn't seem functional you better check it.

I'd be up for it. I'd like to do more of these, as it's good practice for me to focus on the essentials instead of trivial details. Maybe I'll finally be able to finish a map on my own without having to depend on the pressures of being in a group project to motivate me.

YES.

Bump.

Here's a beta of all the compiled maps: 30 Minute Madness.

Changelog.
-Made a crappy titlepic
-Removed Triskadekaphobia and Maelstrom(one's for another project and the other one's crap)
-Put music to the maps without music(mostly music from Doom and Doom II)
-Made a text file

Let me know your opinions guys.

Obsidian said:

Bump.

Here's a beta of all the compiled maps: 30 Minute Madness.

Changelog.
-Made a crappy titlepic
-Removed Triskadekaphobia and Maelstrom(one's for another project and the other one's crap)
-Put music to the maps without music(mostly music from Doom and Doom II)
-Made a text file

Let me know your opinions guys.

Cheers Obsidian :)

Will these work in any Doom port, specifically Doomsday, otherwise am I best to grab Chocolate Doom or something just to run user made maps