Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reinchard666

Reinchards high resolution textures and sprites - demo available

No, I noticed that too.
Here's new version:

Nomad: I know, that version of step1 is terrible.

DooM_RO: Sorry, I forgot to answer before. So I don't think that high resolution textures make more squareness feeling in game. This is issue of resolution itself. Most people who use the limit-removing ports probably plays in resolution higher then original 320x200. About the levels which can be made especially for this texture pack - I don't know, maybe if someone else are interest, but I don't have much time.

It looks great!Keep up the good work. I have another question: Since Doom 4 is probably coming out in 2013-2014, will you give us permission to use these textures for Doom 4 and 3 maps? If so, then the 3D meshes would also come in handy!

About the levels: I understand that you don't have time but how about starting a thread for potential mappers in the WADs section?

Great METAL1.

I have noticed something about BROWN144 during a run-through of E1M4.
The original BROWN144 looks identical to the bottom portion of BROWN96 (but with the white streaks of course).
Here is a GIF demonstrating what I'm talking about. (BROWN96 on the sides, BROWN144 in the middle)

(Don't mind the flashing lights. That's due to QEffects Bloom plugin)

BTW I made a color corrected version of STONE. (no light pink streaks)

The reflection effects on FLOOR5_1 look pretty crappy you should re-do that or touch it up.

Flynn Taggart said:

Great METAL1.

I have noticed something about BROWN144 during a run-through of E1M4.
The original BROWN144 looks identical to the bottom portion of BROWN96 (but with the white streaks of course).
Here is a GIF demonstrating what I'm talking about. (BROWN96 on the sides, BROWN144 in the middle)

(Don't mind the flashing lights. That's due to QEffects Bloom plugin)

BTW I made a color corrected version of STONE. (no light pink streaks)

That plugin is for Jdoom or GZDoom? Where I can find it?

Sorry for useless bump, but just curious if there's been any new stuff lately!

Currently I'm not working on anything new (I have a break and I'm working on some 3d project). Most of my textures is now in dhtp. I plan to return to the project for about two months.

I like the way the picture looks like it was painted on a canvas.

Also, do you have a link to the latest DHTP that your textures are used in? Particularly one if compatible with Zandronum (Skulltag's successor)

Mr. Chris said:

I like the way the picture looks like it was painted on a canvas.

Also, do you have a link to the latest DHTP that your textures are used in? Particularly one if compatible with Zandronum (Skulltag's successor)

You can just extract them to the same folders as zdoom.

Although the cracked, distressed-looking painting is a cool and realistic effect, I personally like being able to see the detail of the picture a bit more clearly. After all those years of squinting at it trying to figure out exactly what it is (helped more recently by seeing the original Shadowcaster texture) I just like being able to see it properly.

The green in the PANEL1 looks a bit vibrant to me. It also looks like the panel frames are a bit big when compared to the original in the shrunken down version.

Enjay said:

Although the cracked, distressed-looking painting is a cool and realistic effect, I personally like being able to see the detail of the picture a bit more clearly. After all those years of squinting at it trying to figure out exactly what it is (helped more recently by seeing the original Shadowcaster texture) I just like being able to see it properly.

I agree with that. I hate to offer any criticism, even productive since the textures are so amazing already. A bit of aging/weathering is good but I'd like to see the painting. Also, with the canvas filter, it looks like the painting is the size of a postage stamp. As neat as the effect is, I think making it to scale would make the effect invisible.

I will try to do something with this picture. I have some ideas, but I don't know if I can do this properly. The first thing that should be clarified is what exactly is on that picture? Some time ago I think there is some kind of greek god, but when I saw shield on his arm I realize that must be knight in armor. But then I look at colors and green stains and now I think ther is a stone statue. Maybe someone from the community can paint this?
In meantime I'm working on Panbook. Wood color is not finished, colors of books that same. This is what I have for now:

And 3d view: