Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

The amazing "identify that Doom song" thread.

Hi guys!

I'm almost sure that you guys, Doom fans like I am, at least once have been really curious whether the song you're listening to in a custom Doom wad is original or off some game or band.
Thinking about that, I made this thread and hopefully, you'll be able to help me, as well as we all help each other.

I want to ask your help regarding three custom Doom wad songs:

1 - Zpack.pk3 E3M3 (which also plays on Chillax.wad and Fortaleza Infernal 2, as seen on the video below starting at 00:05):

2 - Slayer.wad MAP08 (reminds of Alice In Chains?)
Video for Slayer.wad MAP08:

3 - Heroes Tales (ht.wad) MAP06
No video but this should be easier as Archi, map author, is also a member here. :)

Thanks guys and let me see if I can help you too!

2 is from Memento Mori map09.

My requests:

TREE3.WAD e1m2. Another edition of this song can be heard in WATERGFX.WAD from WATER.ZIP. - Depeche Mode - Black Celebration

NITELIFE.WAD map09 Pearl Jam - Garden

NUTS2,3 (3 is an original composition by BPRD)

Onslaught DM3 map13 - Dark Tranquility - Cathode Ray Sunshine, thanks 1ntru

RRWARD02 - Escape From New York Theme

Regarding 1ntru´s post and Memfis´ reply (I always wondered how is it possible to know slayer.wad and have not played mm/requiem etc.). This very old table of mine may be of help.
I´ll check those tunes from Nitelife/tree3, but I don´t promise anything

Memfis said:

My requests:

Onslaught DM3 map13

You will be quite happy to hear this! :)

Dark Tranquility - Cathode Ray Sunshine

I've checked all the others but I don't know any of them.

vdgg said:

Regarding 1ntru´s post and Memfis´ reply (I always wondered how is it possible to know slayer.wad and have not played mm/requiem etc.). This very old table of mine may be of help.
I´ll check those tunes from Nitelife/tree3, but I don´t promise anything

Great table! Of course I have played MM, I just didn't have a video for it in hand. So it looks like the MM MAP09 song is not taken from anywhere else. True original! Cool. Thanks for clarifying. :)

NoneeLlama said:

Hey guys,

A friend of mine is searching for the following 2 songs from Mr Smiley Head's Safari:
E3M2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvFXCEu9rqc
E2M2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nep4RI1t6h4

I guess that they are pop songs (given that old wads usually had these kind of music replacement).

The first one sounds like a reworking of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", can't place the second.

Really interested in knowing the origins of these 2:

-Eviltech Map01/CC1 Map23

-Hellcore 2.0 Map01

Avoozl said:

I'm interested in where the Jenesis MAP01 track comes from.

That's an original composition by Nick "Theshooter7" George, called 'Into the Fire'. He has some more stuff listed here, but unfortunately the links are all dead.

Since HC20 MAP01 is solved (yep it is DWANGO8 MAP03), anyone knows about HC20 MAP02?

Hell's Vendetta said:

Bumpo

Grove

Anyone recognize this? I love moody music

a comment on YT says he asked on Doomworld and got the answer that the song is self-composed by the author. pretty sure it is self-composed, myself (it bears resemblance to some other self-composed songs in Equinox made by the same author).

NoneeLlama said:

Hey guys,

A friend of mine is searching for the following 2 songs from Mr Smiley Head's Safari:
E3M2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvFXCEu9rqc
E2M2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nep4RI1t6h4

I guess that they are pop songs (given that old wads usually had these kind of music replacement).

E3M2 is more specifically a MIDI sequence from a collection called XMASMIDS.ZIP that's been floating around for years without any known credits for the sequencers. The internal title is "Have Yours, Elf" (cute, huh) and its filename is 05HAVEY&.MID (yes, with an ampersand).

E2M2 is a sequence from Voyetra Technologies that's also been floating around for a while, usually with the filename BALLADE.MID.

Now, has anyone positively identify Hellcore 2.0 map 11's music? It's not anything from the Ravenous soundtrack.

Urban Space Cowboy said:

Now, has anyone positively identify Hellcore 2.0 map 11's music? It's not anything from the Ravenous soundtrack.

The MAP08 song isn't from Blood, either. (Maybe Blood 2?)

No, it doesn't sound like it. Infuscomus corresponds to CBLOOD7, which is used on another level in HC20.

Gez said:

No, it doesn't sound like it. Infuscomus corresponds to CBLOOD7, which is used on another level in HC20.

Are you SURE you're not thinking of some other map? Map 5's music is listed as Blood in the text file too, but it's the music from Batman Doom's various Batcave maps. That WAD's text file credits it as "Streets of Gotham II" by Janek Szulew.

Okay, after sifting through some Halloween-themed MIDI sites, I found the map 11 music on this site among others, as jacklight.mid, which has the internal title "Silver13.mid" and no details on composing, sequencing, or what it might be based on. Well, that's closer than I was!