Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shoober

Skipping Music (FLAC Support)

SDL_mixer does not support FLAC, so there is not currently any support for that music format in Eternity. If you want, I can research whether it's practical to include the library directly into EE and pipe its output.

I converted the FLAC to OGG, would I just zip them all together and drag it onto the Eternity.exe for them to load?

Do you think in the future you could add support for FLAC? Maybe even WAV?

shoober said:

I converted the FLAC to OGG, would I just zip them all together and drag it onto the Eternity.exe for them to load?

That should work since EE now has ZIP support.

shoober said:

Does the SDL_mixer support WAV files or any type of lossless audio?

For some reason it supports wav for digital sfx but not for music; I don't understand why. I will look into FLAC; hopefully there's a nice library for loading them.

In the meanwhile, yes, it should work to either put the OGGs in the hidef music folder, or put them into a .pke file and drag it.

Eternity will currently find hidef music in /base/<game>/music. So for example if D_E1M1.ogg exists in /base/doom/music, it will be used in preference to the IWAD's D_E1M1 if s_hidefmusic is enabled (bring down the console and type "s_hidefmusic /" - without quotes - to toggle it on or off).

I put the files in the base/doom/music folder and it worked. Thank you very much Quasar. Maybe in the future there will be support for WAV music and FLAC.

Quasar said:

Eternity will currently find hidef music in /base/<game>/music. So for example if D_E1M1.ogg exists in /base/doom/music, it will be used in preference to the IWAD's D_E1M1 if s_hidefmusic is enabled (bring down the console and type "s_hidefmusic /" - without quotes - to toggle it on or off).

Does it also read the user folder?

I have noticed while playing that the music tends to skip when I pick up items. It skips at other random times also. Its not that big of a deal, but it would be nice to hear the music without it skipping.