Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

The amazing "identify that Doom song" thread.

joe-ilya said:

What is the music plays in "community chest 1" map23?

It is one of those classic Dwango midis that probably will never be identified...

The NDCP only features four custom songs. One of them is "Read Me" (D_READ_M), the text screen music from Doom II, used instead of D_AMPIE.

The other three are not identified. They are:

I'm sure I've heard the MAP29 song used in other mods, too.

Edit: The NDCP MAP09 song is also used in MAP03 of Heroes 2.

Gez said:

MAP09 (D_IN_CIT)

It is CHRIS3.MID by Christopher Wilkins, supposedly an original song.

Gez said:

MAP29 (D_SHAWN3)

According to this page, it is the briefing music from Descent II's MIDI soundtrack.

another request... I found this song in ANIMUS.WAD so it is something anime or maybe japanese videogame related. Unfortunately Walter doesn't remember where he got it.

Scythe II's MAP03 is still a mistery.

joe-ilya said:

dwango5 map01 ?

It's hitfloor.mid. There exist two different versions of this song, the main difference being that one has an added instrument which makes weird sounds.

The copyright metadata tells that it was created by something called Music Media Design, though whatever it was no longer exists. Another MIDI with the same copyright is a "jazzy" remix of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

The inspiration for hitfloor.mid is generally believed to be "Hit the Floor" by D.P.R feat. Georgia Lewis:

However, it isn't entirely sure. The melody doesn't fit exactly and exp(x) believes it comes from some J-pop song instead, so the mystery isn't entirely solved.

Anyway, head over to the wiki for more identified and unidentified DWANGO songs.

Cell said:

Scythe II's MAP03 is still a mistery.

No Scythe II song is a mystery. :)

vdgg said:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=9496 One of the most atrocious WADs ever, so bad you can't sleep well after seeing it, but that's not my point.

Can't answer your question but out of boredom, I played this WAD. Those bosses were really damn hard. I struggled.
I love how author's of things like this think they're mapping geniuses.

vdgg said:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=9496 One of the most atrocious WADs ever, so bad you can't sleep well after seeing it, but that's not my point. I like the music, in particular MAP02,MAP03. Are they original creations or you recognize the tunes taken from somewhere?

MAP02's music is one of the Final Fantasy games' battle theme (and probalby MAP03's too since they're similar)

NoneeLlama said:

MAP02's music is one of the Final Fantasy games' battle theme (and probalby MAP03's too since they're similar)

Actually, it's this one:

Anybody knows about the DV2 MIDI songs?

<snip>

In ZDoom, it plays MP3 instead of the MIDI soundtrack. Except for the Lawrence of Arabia and Lord of the Rings movie scores, I don't recognize them either; and they have no metadata at all.

Also in ZDoom, it plays the D_SECRET music when you find go from the secret level to the super-secret level (instead of the normal "read me" music, which is taken from Heretic E1M9). No idea what it is, either.

map03 is "Fields of Nephilim - Preacher Man", map01 is from ROTT I think (again, heard this midi in HR) and map12 is from TNT map16

O_AMPIE - Tales of symphonia, Beat the angel

vdgg said:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=9496 One of the most atrocious WADs ever, so bad you can't sleep well after seeing it, but that's not my point. I like the music, in particular MAP02,MAP03. Are they original creations or you recognize the tunes taken from somewhere?

MAP01 - I dunno
MAP02 - FFIV Boss Battle
MAP03 - Could be Culex Battle Theme but i don't know, it's been a long time since i've played either SMRPG or FFIV
MAP04 - It's FF but i don't remember the name
MAP06 - See MAP04
MAP07 - FFVI Decisive Battle
MAP08 - Sounds like FFVI Dancing Mad (maybe an in-game variant?) Like i said it's been quite some time since i've played these games.

Hope this helps.

I have a couple DVII MP3 names.

MAP01 - TMNT Tournament Fighters - Scrapyard
Third episode text screen - Turok 2 (N64) Primegan's Lightship (song period starts at 3:35 in the wad)

Noticed they weren't on the wiki, sorry i can't help you with D_ULTIMA and D_SECRET.

vdgg said:

vdgg, thank you for the link, this wad is great!!11one

tempun said:

vdgg, thank you for the link, this wad is great!!11one

tempun, thank you for the shit post, this shit post is great!!11one

If you can't address what vdgg asked in relation to the thread topic, why bother replying at all, you 4chan reject? Here, it's easy, I'll show you:

vdgg said:

I'm afraid I don't recognize the rest, but the music from map 1 is from the Epic MegaGames shmup "Fire Fight" (might sound familiar because Alien Vendetta map 4's music is from the same game). You can download the MIDI file here.

Hell's Vendetta said:

MAP01 - I dunno
MAP02 - FFIV Boss Battle
MAP03 - Could be Culex Battle Theme but i don't know, it's been a long time since i've played either SMRPG or FFIV
MAP04 - It's FF but i don't remember the name
MAP06 - See MAP04
MAP07 - FFVI Decisive Battle
MAP08 - Sounds like FFVI Dancing Mad (maybe an in-game variant?) Like i said it's been quite some time since i've played these games.

Map 3 is just a remix of the FFIV Boss music, which Culex has, you are probably right.
Map 4 and 5 is Battle of the Four Fiends from FFIV
Map 6 is Clad in Darkness aka Golbez's theme, also FFIV
Map 7 is Fierce Battle from FFVI (Decisive Battle is the regular boss music, Fierce Battle is for tougher, storyline important bosses like Ultima Weapon)
Map 8 is Dancing Mad, indeed.

Memfis said:

What's the story song (D_READ_M) from first Community Chest?

It's the cutscene music from Descent.

Jenesis text screen (D_READ_M) song? The metadata in it only says that it is "Transposed by Josh Simpson, June 2008." but that doesn't exactly give me the song's title or original author.

Edit: Found thanks to Jimmy reuploading EarthQuake's songs from 2008-2009. It's "Shankoo", inspired by game music from Solar Jetman on the NES.

Memfis said:

2 is from Memento Mori map09.

My requests:

NUTS2,3

if you're still interested, i made Nuts 2 and stole the music from the internet somewhere (no idea where its from) and i made the music for Nuts 3.