Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeper of Jericho

Five Rooms of Doom: (32/32) - now on idgames

Joseph Lord said:

Here some screenshots of my map, i have 2 rooms done by now. I've been busy, which explains my slow progress

I like them. It looks interesting and I see how it could fit very well.

CorSair said:

Fffuuuuucccckkk. I was afraid of that.
But I think it is easily fixed with removal of the roof/ceiling, lowering those walls, so it looks open altar. Or do more redesigning about it.

That sounds like a good idea. If you 'open' the building, it would be more like one room. It would also mean that some of the caverns and tunnels at the edges must bend in or be more exposed, so that the player can always keep eye-contact with most of the room.

Mind you, you have a 5 room limit and since the other 3 area's count as 3 rooms, you might want to check this with the Project Coordinator.

Alright, thanks to Springy and Shadow Dweller, all available map slots have been filled. However, this doesn't mean there's no more room for anyone else who wants to make a map to contribute; there's always a chance someone else drops out who's spot can be taken.

As promised, progress pics. Still very early in development as I'm still playing around with some ideas. There's a lot that I may end up rebuilding, such as the lighting effects in the first shot.

There's not really much else. There's a whole outside part that I'm thinking of nixing, and a more interior room that's basically just an unappealing rectangle.

I'm probably going to be somewhat idle for the next couple days until Christmas passes over. After which I should be able to make more drastic steps towards completion. When is the deadline by the way? I don't recall seeing it in the OP.

Second weekly progress pic:

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like it. Maybe it's the haphazard badlyness of the metal pillars at the far left and right sides. Maybe it's the fact that I chose the most complicated style of lighting I possibly could for the most complicated map layout that I could possibly think of.

Either way, I'm probably going to redo it since I now have a different idea of how I can do this part of the level. It'll still look good, and I'll be able to circumvent a lot of potential angled-lighting bugs.

Also, thank you, Keeper of Jericho! I was actually going for that kind of old bricks and mortar type of building, like a castle or aged stronghold.

Hello, I'm new to these forums. =D I'll contribute to this project, I have a map in the making called demon forest. The first area is almost done. >.> I'll post pics and a demo of the map later once I get more completed.

Here, I haven't lost yet. I just want to declare that I've gotten further with MAP17, but, due to my laptop's crappy user settings, I had problems with saving the map (fortunately I succeeded eventually), and the system, despite ZDoom's statements, denied to save ANY screenshots from the new areas. But I'm still there with the map!!

after a long thinking\searching\restucturing i think i have finally solved the framerate drop problem regarding my map "echoes of a forgotten sin".

here comes the link (again): http://www.mediafire.com/?4in79lr77lsk5xx

Keeperofgerico: i need to know if that version violate any rules regarding visuals before use it as (maybe) final version.

Happy mapping anyone!

Oh, and (posting it before forgetting) I've decided to use the soundtrack which I've found being used on Nightmares of Loki E2M7 (and E4M5). My best assumption whispers it's a Heretic or Hexen track, not sure, but sure that I'll use this.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I've been mapping for quite some time now and I'd like to contribute to this project. There seems to be one empty map slot and I'll take it if no one minds.

Yeah, but on the map list for MAP 05 it says [untitled](empty) so I was guessing that was an empty spot. Anyway, if any map slots open up than let me know and I'll take up the slot.

richter3456 said:

Yeah, but on the map list for MAP 05 it says [untitled](empty) so I was guessing that was an empty spot. Anyway, if any map slots open up than let me know and I'll take up the slot.

To be fair I did think that as well before signing up. I do recall KoJ saying that all are taken now but that does NOT mean that you cannot make a map. EDIT: I don't know if this is allowed but maybe you could collaborate with someone?

I was ill and celebrating for last two weeks, so no progress since last screenshot.

I haven't done anything new since I posted my WIP a page back or so.

Although I'm considering scrapping the final room and trying again; some of the ideas are good, but that ice spiral is really amateurish.

Keeper of Jericho said:

Well, MagnificentBeard PM'd me saying he dropped out of the project due to lack of ideas, so there's an open map slot again.

I'm guessing the open map slot is MAP 23? I'll take it then.

dachauncinator said:

Any more open spots?

No, but you're free to make a map either way, in case someone drops out or for extra maps in case they don't. ;)

Cell said:

OK, I could register a screenshot from a yet quite undetailed area of MAP17, here we go:

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/adbf4ed04404bad3e5797147d01b385dbdc637c11df329299d4a60f82c1e5b896g.jpg

Looks good, Cell! :)

I also continued working on "Nabataea" yesterday, more specifically the exit-gate. Shaping up really nice so far. After that I'll have to make the key-gathering rooms and wrap things up.

Come on Cell, this is not so underdetailed. =)

Also, dachauncinator, if you want, I can give my MAP29 slot to you, because I don't have time to do that. I didn't even imagined, what I want to that slot.

As you can probably tell, I went for a lot of detail in my map. Inspiration is sorta derived from MAP 16 of Plutonia Experiment. I didn't want to make 5 giant rooms so my aim was to make this a medium sized map but at the same time consist of a lot of action.

Following the rules, I'm counting four rooms so far for this one: the outside area (which also includes that marble pathway that kinda coils around the building), the hallway, the room that's left of the hallway, and the room right of the hallway.

I will post some in game pics later when I get more done.

Got about 3 rooms generally done. this is before I OCD all over it. For my about 5th map I'd say it's okay (so far).

Katamori said:

Also, dachauncinator, if you want, I can give my MAP29 slot to you, because I don't have time to do that. I didn't even imagined, what I want to that slot.

Thanks man, appreciate it.

With the Christmas period, development fell a little back but I'm glad to announce that I am almost done with my map, with mostly just lighting and such to be done.

Katamori said:

Come on Cell, this is not so underdetailed. =)

Yes it is still. I'm progressing like I was programming with my teeth typing on the keyboard, having no better chance.