Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Doom's Belated Nonadecennial

Deathmatcher said:

Can the Strife one be played with a doom iwad btw?

Nope.

Thanks for the Cacoward guys, and for putting them together in such short notice amidst the holiday season and a massive Doomworld catastrophe.

I'm glad The Eye got an award. It's almost impossible to fathom that it's Mouldy's first map. Given that he approached it as an art project, I think it should stand as a fine example of the actual art form of Doom mapping itself.

Fantastic work on the Cacowards, guys. It's great to see that as much effort goes into writing these as the maps they're praising. Particularly at short notice like this. Congrats to the winners. Will be sure to check out some of these projects as I've clearly been living under a rock and haven't heard of most of them. And last but not least, cheers to Bloodshedder. People with paid jobs don't work this hard. I would say give him a promotion, but he does too much stuff around here already.

Dylan was overjoyed with his mention in the Cacowards. He's still very much a Doom fan but he's not done any mapping for a while. This reminds me that I was going to compile his 6YO maps and upload them to /idgames. He turned 7 in November so he can make doing some 7YO maps his Doom Year Resolution :-)

Awesome to see that the Awards have made it! Congrats to all the winners. I have played about a third of them so far. Gotta catch up on the rest. Can the Strife one be played with a doom iwad btw?

Really excellent Cacowards this time. Congratulations to all winners, runner-ups, and mentions. You guys made the Cacowards what they are.

Also, special congratulations to Mouldy. I remember when he was just a n00b asking Doom Builder questions (which was only a few months ago, wow!).

Deathmatcher said:

Can the Strife one be played with a doom iwad btw?

Still nope.

I have to say congratulations to PillowBlaster on winning the Best Gameplay Mod with Russian Overkill. For some reason, I felt it was under the radar, but glad to see it gets the reward it deserves.

Other than that, these cacowards show how little I've been following Doom mods this year.

Oh, congratulations to everyone who won an award, and thanks to those who brought us the cacowards this year.

Very enjoyable articles, guys, nice work. Also thanks to Bloodshedder for fixing the site, and on a holiday too.

Yay!! Congrats to everyone who won awards, and yeah I'm glad all Khorus's hard and awesome work didn't go unnoticed, and I'm glad to see Combat Shock 2 got an award. :)

And yeah Necromantic Thirst isn't dead yet... I have faith that it'll get finished. :)

Congrats to all of this years winners, and many thanks to Xaser, kmxexii, Alfonzo, Scuba Steve and Bloodshedder for getting this years awards out!

Bloody hell wow! Wasn't expecting that, cheers everyone! Seeing the cacowards up on the site was christmas present enough, but actually winning one... i'd have been punching the air to even get a mention in a side bar.

yeehaw!

I can't wait to try out that russian overkill mod in combat shock 2

Very glad to see this done and even more so to such a high standard! Gave me a very entertaining read for some of the 3 hour travel to work this morning :)

Congratulations to all of the winners, particular Khorus with his virtual set of silverware. Here's to another strong year for Doom!

Congratulations for the winners! And big thanks to our awesome trio to step up and do what man's gotta do. ;)

We're gonna keep them for next year.
... Do we? D:

Congratulations to the Cacoward winners, and props to the fellas that threw the awards together! This years Cacowards were executed much better than last years, and I'm really glad they included the memorial, 5 runners up, next years promising looking WADs, new comers, the abandoned WADs, the mention of the strangest WAD, and the 'Pelican of the hour' (though I don't understand the name's reference). The extra stuff really gives the awards depth. Great Cacowards!

OH BOY I got a special mention! I'm so famous!

That is some great write up. I'm so glad Cacowards continue to thrive, thanks to kmxexii, Xaser and Alfonzo (it takes two out of three reviewers to rig Cacowards in favor of DTWiD, sigh) and a round of applause and huge congrats to Khorus!

...and as always - sad goodbyes to fellow Doomers mentioned in "the Sky May Be" column.

Whoa a Strife wad won a cacoward!?...that is just awesome!

Anyway grats to all winners this year!

Great reviews, guys. Keep up this level of quality and I promise to keep thinking about Doom at least once per year.

Thanks to Scuba Steve not only for resurrecting the Mockaward but for choosing my Call of Dooty (II) project as the winner! Very much appreciated!